Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a random question and I am curious to know so please dont flame me for asking a simple question... What kind of gas mileage is everyone averaging?
me:
93 octane
27city
33hwy

I am fronm the east coast of the US and want to see how different areas of the US stack up against everything else. thanks

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
i used to get 36mph consistantly hwy, but again 2.2l. now i'm down to about 29 city. i used to drive 30 miles to work, now only 7.

·
Registered
169 Posts
im actually getting better milage in my ss/sc about 26 overall, then i did with my 2.2l cobalt i only got about 24 with that probably bc i peeled out or at least tried too at every stop light.

·
Registered
169 Posts
im also noticing that i go threw a tank of gas alot faster i have always filled up right after thge low fuel light comes on, my 2.2l cobalt would usually take about 13 gallons from that point and it would last about 5 1/2 days . while my ss/sc will only take jus over 12 gallons right after the light comes on. is there a smaller tank in the ss/sc or does the light come on sooner only lasts about 4 days. but the incar mpg estimater say im actually getting better milage then in my old car

·
Registered
379 Posts
between 27 and 28 average, i live near Savannah, Georgia

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The SS has 13 gallon tank 06supercharged, so it should have the same amount as a 2.2l . But I have noticed that my fuel mileage has suffered since ive had the car. 3 months ago i would get 30mpg regular, now its 26-27. and I drive the same everyday almost, so I dont know if its just me or the economy is suckier.

·
Registered
784 Posts
this isnt good, 14.6 mpg yep i got a heavy foot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
With the GM Stage II kit, GMPP exhaust manifold, GMPP Catback exhaust, and AEM cold air intake, I am getting about 23 mpg on average for all the driving I do both on the highway and the city using 93 octane on my 06 SS/SC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts