Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just got my cobalt ss/sc and i want to take off the rear chevy emblem and the trunk lock. i think its a pretty simple procedure but im not sure how to go about doing it. all info is apreciated

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
strong fishing line to get underneath emblem and "cut" the adhesive. then use a goo gone or chemical to get the rest of the glue off. not too hard.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man... i figured it was something simple like that wanted to be sure tho

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
be careful tho.... fishing line will scratch the surface, and goo gone will ruin the clear coat in most cases. get a hair dryer and heat the emblem until it moves freely. it will come off very easily once hot. then use something that specifies it will not harm paint or clear coat. i use a very mild solution to get most of it off, then a clay bar lightly

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
thanks for the backup, kelley. we debadged my friends sti, but i haven't done my balt yet. i knew there was something else that wouldn't ruin the paint. i forget what we had for the sti, it was a year ago.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ya there is some stuff in a spray bottle like a windex bottle that is a really thick oragnish liquid. i no there is like a hundred different types of "goo gone" or "goop off" names, but its something like that. DO NOT use the stuff in the yellow can that smells like paint thinner. it may work great, but it does mess the clear coat up

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used 2000 grit wet-sand, 3M rubbing compound, and then meguiars cleaning wax to get the shine back to get the scratches out of my trunk lid from debadging.

I just headed mine up with a hairdryer, and used a rubber spatula (sp?) to slowly take it off.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
just debadged another SS today... hairdryer and string. fishing line is fine as long as it doesnt touch the paint. the badge came right off and had no tape residue left on it, and then the hot adhesive on the trunk lid pulled right off by hand

·
Banned
5 Posts
just debadged another SS today... hairdryer and string. fishing line is fine as long as it doesnt touch the paint. the badge came right off and had no tape residue left on it, and then the hot adhesive on the trunk lid pulled right off by hand

Now this is great after market support, he can safely take a sticker off but lie to you a about the capability of your car.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Now this is great after market support, he can safely take a sticker off but lie to you a about the capability of your car.
Ghost, I don't know you but I already don't like you. Apparently you were abused as a child or are in desperate need of a job. Don't talk about kelley, and go eat a big fat bag o' d1cks. Have a nice day. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts