Cobalts SS banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
I for one haven't been bashin any RL's Ive been sayin exactly what you just said about em bein the same car and all the whole time. I actually love the RL, although I am opting to go with the SS...have been tryin to talk my girlfriend into gettin a RL though, he he, she keeps sayin "but Im not good at drivin a stick yet" and Im like so get one and practice, wink wink!!! ;)
Yes, they are the same car besides interior/exterior styling. Even though the big spoiler looks exactly like the RL's (IMO) and I prefer the quad doors and no door dings! But I do LOVE the rear styling of the SS much more than the RL.

I had no clue how to drive a stick and learned on my RL. Yes I bought a car that I couldn't drive but my husband taught me and now I love it. Driving an automatic is mindless driving...and boring. And with as many problems I've had with auto tranny's, I welcomed the change to a manual.

Just tell your gf shes not gonna get any better until she practices! And by practicing I mean tell her to get the RL. hahaha :D

· Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah I wish LOL!!
And yes I also think the wings resemble each other ALOT!!!
Never seen an SS up close, have seen a RL though.
Heck if you get em side by side then they might BE the exact same wing.
And yes I also agree with lovin the 4 doors. We're not married yet or anything but that would help us in the future when we do get married and have kids.

· Registered
12 Posts
Didn't think you were bashing at all. :) This is the first brand of car(saturn) that I have been able to buy brand new. It was either this or a Kia...and there is NO WAY I was buying one of those!!!!

If I ever buy a foreign car it will be European and have the letters BMW somewhere... :D

· Registered
70 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
Didn't think you were bashing at all. :) This is the first brand of car(saturn) that I have been able to buy brand new. It was either this or a Kia...and there is NO WAY I was buying one of those!!!!

If I ever buy a foreign car it will be European and have the letters BMW somewhere... :D
I :) COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!!

· Registered
26 Posts
ThatChevyGuy said:
the ion is just ugly IMO... I mean they will probably be a little cheaper than the Cobalt, but I'll be happy to pay the extra $... Its like the Trans Am/Camaro things... Same 2 cars, the Trans Ams were higher and looked better in my opinion...
You, sir, are nuts. But then, you did say it was only your opinion. The Cobalt styling is a non effort rip-off of a Honda front end that looks like it was mated to an Impala rear. Oh.... that's so.......... HOTT!:rolleyes: :eek: A cheesy attempt to lure Honda boys to a chevy vehicle. THEY HAVE NO SHAME:( (GM, that is)

You are however correct in your opinion that the Trans AM was the better lookin of the 2 cars (Camaro/firebird) It only cost more because of Pontiac being one notch higher on the GM totem pole

Cadillac
Buick
OLDS (gone but not forgotten)
[[Saturn]] recent addition to the pole
Pontiac
Chevrolet

Also, early on GM realized that some morons out there would buy a truck from them if it wasn't called a Chevy. You know, the guy that "the only GM car I would buy is a Buick! (insert olds, pontiac, Caddy), I'd NEVER buy a Chevrolet". So they made a Chevy truck a GMC truck. This also allowed an OLDs, Cadillac, Pontiac dealer to sell a truck and not be in conflict of a franchise agreement.

So, now the newest entry to the same sh!+ with a different name game is the ION Red Line/Cobalt SS. Same drivetrain, suspension, racing seat option, yada, yada. Different bodies!!

They are the same and as different as the camaro and firebird are.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.