Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, it always turns out to be something easy, but how the hell do you get that trim plate off around the radio? I figured it would pop right off, the same kind of metal clips the silver trim above the glove box uses (would make sense, but this is GM). But after pulling hard on the trim plate, and not being able to see how it's held on, I'm afraid of breaking something.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ill print up the procedure and post it tomorrow from SI

·
Registered
85 Posts
Instrument Panel Trimplate Assembly,

Tip

Pull out on the trim panel in order to release the retaining fasteners.
Disconnect the electrical connectors.

Thats all gm SI says so im assusing pry gently.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
WARNING!!! If there is any kind of airbag switch on the dash that may need to be unplugged (I dont know havent seen the dash yet) then disconnect the negative side of the battery terminal before unpluggin it! Otherwise your airbag light could come on and stay on until you take it to a dealer who may or may not charge you to basically push a few buttons!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I were to put an aftermarket stereo on, would it be relatively easy to set it up to use the stereo controls on the steering wheel with?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i really see no need in changing the headunit. the stoxk one sounds really good

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
JamesBrown said:
If I were to put an aftermarket stereo on, would it be relatively easy to set it up to use the stereo controls on the steering wheel with?
I believe aftermarket harness companies make conversion harnesses for steerin wheel controls. I'd expexct to pay a pretty penny for em though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
I believe aftermarket harness companies make conversion harnesses for steerin wheel controls. I'd expexct to pay a pretty penny for em though.
there only like 50 bucks u cna buy the kit at any radio shop

there is absolutley nothing with the air bag to do with the removing the radio !

yes u can set a airbag light and not have the vehice start if u do not relocate the stock radio when installing a aftermarket radio and yes theres a additional harness for that

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
wheelburns said:
there only like 50 bucks u cna buy the kit at any radio shop
Cool, didnt know radio shack had stuff like that...?

wheelburns said:
there is absolutley nothing with the air bag to do with the removing the radio !
I said I didnt know, told ya I still havent seen the car yet, just was sayin that it was a possibility, cause some cars are like that and there have been several happen at Best Buy and Circuit City. I was just postin that as a precaution just in case kinda deal...
Sorry if my post wasnt clear...

·
Registered
85 Posts
no i just wanted him to know if he pulled hiss deck out he wasnt eatin a air bad sorry if i came off that way

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
???came off what way?? :confused: I dont think I took you wrong, I didnt think you were bein rude or nothin if thats what ya mean?!?!

·
Registered
85 Posts
rude is what i meant didnt mean to come off as being rude or cocky im here to contribue thats all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts