Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well guys this weekend we were busy around the shop, we installed and fabbed up 4 different exauhst styles. the 1st one was a 3" header back system. car felt very slow on the bottom end and we deffinatley experienced some power loss. it was very noticable. the 2nd system was a 3: catback, felt better than the headerback but we wanted to keep on testing, the next system was a 2.5 header back it felt good better than both 3" and last but not least we did a 2.5 catback. wow!!!!!! the car pulls hard sounds mean and we gained bottom end power as well as lots of top end. now you may ask, wait the stock system is 2.5, not really some of the parts of the stock systems were 2.5 but most of it shrunk down to a smaller diamater 2.25 and even smaller plus it had some very restrictive bends towards the rear axle. here is the video we will be dynoing soon

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Sorry to say it wont work for me. Something like it cant find the file. I will try again.

Edit: It worked fine that time. WOW :eek: :eek: I love the sound it sounds real nice. And did you have a chance to DYNO it and see what kind of numbers it pulled off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds pretty mean i will be testing different models of exhausts as well for this car and will see if i can get some dynos in i am looking at 2.75 or 2.5 i knew 3 would be over kill.

May the best exhaust win:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
2.75 and 3 would be great for the more heavily modified cars of course but for stock/bolt on a 2.5 sounds right and im guessin will flow enough for up to 400ish hp.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
87camaroPA said:
When will you be bring it from a concept to a product? And do you know how much it will run for it?
Thanks Paul

hopefully in the next 2 months

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hopefully in the next 2 months

the final product will be madarel bent and stainless steel, we are still unsure about the price yet but it will be very competitive. here is some pics of our other products not for the ss

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't get the video to play, I'l try it later maybe the site is having some problems.

Are you working on a cat back for the Red Line as well?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jmonte345 said:
I can't get the video to play, I'l try it later maybe the site is having some problems.

Are you working on a cat back for the Red Line as well?
one of our members may come up so i can see if its the same

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow that thing sounds like its got some balls!! to me it sounds like a srt4. also like the way the sc sounded. good work guys. chevy may have just built themselves a import killer along w/ dodge and the srt4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Holy shit did that SS sound amazing. I showed everyone in my family n told them i want it as a birthday persent. LOL nicwe werk guys n hopefully the finished product sounds even louder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That little vid makes me almost want to get an SS also. ALMOST.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think its harious when people say "OH MAN I WANT IT!....after i get my SS of corse!" haha - not hating, just funny.

Does sound like it has balls and im sure it gives you more power. If you guys ever come out with one that add's HP and maintains the sound lvl of the current ss system then i will difently hit you up for one. Im not a fan of the ...

"BBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" - 20mph sounds.

To each his own.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts