Cobalts SS banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I raced a RX-8 fro ma 20 roll and walked away from the thing a good 6 cars if not more. RX-8=Overrated (just my oppinoin) but there still sexy lookin:)

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I read that article in the mag, we outran a mustang gt and kept up with a 350 that prettey amazing stuff right there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
rx-8's are junk. they have no power till they reach like 8 grand or so. i handed an rx-8 his ass. and i am bone stock. for now
gah! I mean, the SS is NOT a drag car... the rx8 even less so

take the original porsches for example... not much on the acceleration at all, won le mans. Why?? they never had to slow down, while everybody else was braking into the corners they'd just whip around them

·
Registered
40 Posts
RX8 has the worst power curve ever. Its supposed to be a performance car but the only thing in new tuner cars it can even run with is the sentra spec v or scion tc. I have heard though the rx8 can be lethal with the right engine mods.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
RX8 has the worst power curve ever. Its supposed to be a performance car but the only thing in new tuner cars it can even run with is the sentra spec v or scion tc. I have heard though the rx8 can be lethal with the right engine mods.
it's a track car not a drag car. it beats most every car in it's price range when it comes time to turn.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yah that maybe so but it cant be that much better then anything else on a track. It doesnt have that great os a suspension does it?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Yah that maybe so but it cant be that much better then anything else on a track. It doesnt have that great os a suspension does it?
perfect 50/50 weight distribution, a low center of gravity from the renesis rotary being mounted low in the chassis, and a sport tuned suspendion + rwd.

it'll handle it's own stock.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
plus the renesis is only 1.3 litres of displacement which also helps.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts