Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a completely stock cobalt ss/sc, i have alot of track experience but that was with a lt1 6speed with drag radials. So I am sure it is going to be a challenge adjusting to the front wheel drive launching. Anyways if anyone is interested hit me up i'll be in a all black 05SS

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey I went out there with my 05 Black SS/sc about a moth ago. First time on a real dragstrip. I didnt do to well. I had trouble with the massive wheel hop. I probebly should have driven through the water just to let the tires spin rather then hop. I also thought about burning the clutch a little but I didnt wan to break something. I had to drive back to Austin. I could only get to a 15.2. but there were so many people that we had to wait like 20-25 between each race. I only got 4 runs in.
I know I could have done a lot better if I had some more time to improve.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I live in Houston and would like to go but I have college classes all day. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a 14.6 at 96.26mph 60ft-2.3 1/8th mile 9.51 at 75.33mph
Not that bad, i wanted to get in the mid 14's and i accomplished it. But still kind of deppressing compared to my camaros last time slip of 13.4 @ 105 with 60ft of 2.09 and 1/8th 8.7 @ 82.58. And launching was a major pain in the A$$ major wheel hop

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah wheel hop was the biggest problem with out there. Thats still some good times. How many runs did you get in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 total but one time i missed a gear so i didnt even pick my time slip up, my other times were 14.9, and 14.9 both with 2.5 60ft times and both were at 96 mph

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah I missed 2nd once or twice. Still some good times.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah I might go out there with some srt4 friends after christmas. Ill let you know if I can get out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts