Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going home at lunch to check on my dog. on the way home some 4.6l mustang is weaving through traffic like a idiot.. i though he was chasing me but he wasn't.. turns out there was a black ss in front of me. anyways we hit a stoplight... im thinking wow this should be good...

light turns green... they both jump off the line.. i figured i got a front row seat mind as well keep it... drop it at 7k and rip off behind em.... the ss stayed with the 4.6 1st,2nd, and a bit through 3rd but the 4.6 started to pull away... so i made it a point to get behind the mustang..the guy in the ss yells to me ..go kick his ass.... next light..

the guy in the mustangs talking noise.. "didn't you just watch the last ass whooping i handed out".. you want some too... i say.. just tell me what my licese plate says.. cause this will all be over at the launch... needless to say thats what happened.. 3 cars off the launch and the gap just widened....

i asked the guy in the ss what he had done.. it was bone stock.... :eek: i was impressed with the way the car got off the line.. he said he's been really focused on perfecting his launch.. and from what i saw i think hes got it down.

i just though i would share that story with you guys thats all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't know the year.. just knew it was a 4.6l with a exHaust and maybe a intake.. still, i felt like a big brother taking up for my lil brother besides, the guy in the stang was a retard anyway..... the look on his face when i launched...PRICELESS :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! I LOVE it!!!
Good job Novtec1!!! Thats AWESOME!!
And if I was that stang driver I wouldnt be braggin about barely beating a STOCK four cylinder! Especially when another one rolls up to kick his A$$!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D ;) :) :p :cool: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :) :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Strange the stang pulled on top end. that is where they die usually. Good race anyway, SS actually beating a st5ang from a dig! I'd give props to you too, but duuhhh, of course you're gonna whoop the stang!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I find that surprising that the stang beat the cobalt ..that gen stang is notorius for having no balls ...maybe it was modded more heavily than you thought but still ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
And if I was that stang driver I wouldnt be braggin about barely beating a STOCK four cylinder! Especially when another one rolls up to kick his A$$!!!!
well your 4 cyclinder is supercharged...and the evo is turbo'd. so its a f/i 4 cyl vs a v8. sounds fine to me you tool.

phxSS said:
Strange the stang pulled on top end. that is where they die usually. Good race anyway, SS actually beating a st5ang from a dig!
The mustang top end is not that bad, although most of their power is in the midrange. and the SS didn't beat the stang from a dig he said they stayed even, reading comprehention > you

c7015 said:
I find that surprising that the stang beat the cobalt ..that gen stang is notorius for having no balls ...maybe it was modded more heavily than you thought but still ...
the 4.6 was in the 1996+ mustangs. However the 96-98 stangs were significantly slower then the 99-04 stangs due to crappy headers.. so based on the story sounds like you raced a 99-04 stang GT.

nice kill btw and yea the mustang gt should beat the cobalt SS with equal drivers, however it would be a good race.

·
Registered
25 Posts
5spdBlack said:
well your 4 cyclinder is supercharged...and the evo is turbo'd. so its a f/i 4 cyl vs a v8. sounds fine to me you tool.

The mustang top end is not that bad, although most of their power is in the midrange. and the SS didn't beat the stang from a dig he said they stayed even, reading comprehention > you

the 4.6 was in the 1996+ mustangs. However the 96-98 stangs were significantly slower then the 99-04 stangs due to crappy headers.. so based on the story sounds like you raced a 99-04 stang GT.

nice kill btw and yea the mustang gt should beat the cobalt SS with equal drivers, however it would be a good race.
They may have redesigned the manifolds from 96-98 to 99+, but the major difference is the heads. Hence 96-98 owners swapping to the 99+ PI head.Basicly a 96-98 is 180-190 rwhp ([email protected] mph) car and the 99+ is a 225 rwhp [email protected] mph)) car.

A stock Cobalt SS should put the hurt on a stock 96-98 Mustang GT. Of course Mustangs pretty much come from the factory with exhaust, gears and shifter and thats usually enough to put a 96-98 in the low 14s best case high 13 second range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow you beat the vtek of the v8 world gg

and what does your plate say?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sukkoi19 said:
They may have redesigned the manifolds from 96-98 to 99+, but the major difference is the heads. Hence 96-98 owners swapping to the 99+ PI head.Basicly a 96-98 is 180-190 rwhp ([email protected] mph) car and the 99+ is a 225 rwhp [email protected] mph)) car.

A stock Cobalt SS should put the hurt on a stock 96-98 Mustang GT. Of course Mustangs pretty much come from the factory with exhaust, gears and shifter and thats usually enough to put a 96-98 in the low 14s best case high 13 second range.
yes you're correct. and i know a cobalt ss should beat a 96-98 stang i never said they wouldn't. i did say however, that a 99+ would beat the ss without much trouble given equal drivers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
LeadPipe said:
wow you beat the vtek of the v8 world gg

and what does your plate say?
It's one thing to race in good spirits...it's another thing to talk trash. There's always someone with more money and more mods. Trash talking someone you don't know isn't the smartest.

Nice kill.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts