Cobalts SS banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, but first of all I will explain what Im doing, so none of you guys will think Im a ricer.
I have a big tach (Autometer 5") with a seperate shift light that I had in my Camaro. I want to be able to have the shift light at my convienience (Maybe hidden in a vent or something) but I am going to hide the big-ass tach under the dash. My Question...

What or where is the easiest/ most reliable signal wire or hookup for the green wire (signal wire)

·
Registered
784 Posts
There should be a wire marked ricer... it is probably all different colors with leds glowing on it.
Thats why no one likes you, you always have to stick you nose into everything and say some smartass, disregarding comment. I wish you would FUCK OFF! I dont know anything about his subject therfore i didnt post, until i saw your post.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Thats why no one likes you, you always have to stick you nose into everything and say some smartass, disregarding comment. I wish you would FUCK OFF! I dont know anything about his subject therfore i didnt post, until i saw your post.

John knows I am kidding. And last time I checked more people on here like me than you.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i like him cause he makes fun of people like you :) ... you wouldn't also happen to own a cobalt that pulls 1.5's in on the 60' would you?

anyways for the OP, if you're only using the shift light, why not sell your tach/light on ebay and buy a standalone shift light... you should have a few bucks leftover to by a coilpack spark reducer :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
I gotta better suggestion John(if you got the money). Just buy an Interceptor gauge. You'll get your shift light plug be able to moniter TONS of other stuff also. Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
151 Posts
the interceptor is a great idea and I know I want one, but as John and I discussed on the phone the other day his desire for getting this came after our last trip to the track. While racing in to the sun and sunset it was all most impossible to see the tach/dash.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I gotta better suggestion John(if you got the money). Just buy an Interceptor gauge. You'll get your shift light plug be able to moniter TONS of other stuff also. Just a suggestion...
the interceptor shift light sucks balls, you never see it cause it's just two little led's. i don't know how many times i've bounced it off the limiter even with the shift light turned on cause i never see it. usually i'm focusing right in front of me at WOT, not out of the corners of my eyes

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There should be a wire marked ricer... it is probably all different colors with leds glowing on it.
Actually... I did find a wire marked AUX. SUBIE ASS HANDER. LOL :p But I did a test wire lead thing and none of the wires on the coil pack would give a definite reading, but, the brown wire would "pulse" giving an erradic (sp?) reading. But anyways, I think Im going to hook up the subaru ass hander wire... (This ones for you Wasey!)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the interceptor is a great idea and I know I want one, but as John and I discussed on the phone the other day his desire for getting this came after our last trip to the track. While racing in to the sun and sunset it was all most impossible to see the tach/dash.
Yeah, Im kinda strapped for cash and Im trying to get out as cheap/low key as possible. It was horrible trying to squint and look at the road/ track ahead and try to keep from tagging the rev limiter. I did read in an issue of chevy high performance the article was called "brown paper bag" about a nova that hid his shift light in the ac vent, and his cig lighter was the purge button for juice. He also used a stock quadrajet (quadrajunk for some) and had the no2 solenoids hidden in the air cleaner, along with painting the edelbrock rpm intake the same color as the block. Pretty slick shit. Then again, I could just buy a slow ass STi or a GTO that will put 10+ lenghts on the space shuttle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah, Im kinda strapped for cash and Im trying to get out as cheap/low key as possible. It was horrible trying to squint and look at the road/ track ahead and try to keep from tagging the rev limiter. I did read in an issue of chevy high performance the article was called "brown paper bag" about a nova that hid his shift light in the ac vent, and his cig lighter was the purge button for juice. He also used a stock quadrajet (quadrajunk for some) and had the no2 solenoids hidden in the air cleaner, along with painting the edelbrock rpm intake the same color as the block. Pretty slick shit. Then again, I could just buy a slow ass STi or a GTO that will put 10+ lenghts on the space shuttle.
Sounds like a plan too me!:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts