Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
installing a shift lite on my car have everything ran but the ignition wire , could someone please tell me where I can run this thing to be accurate!!! I also wanted to add problay another dumb qeustion , can u put a bov on a blown car ?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
boosted06 said:
installing a shift lite on my car have everything ran but the ignition wire , could someone please tell me where I can run this thing to be accurate!!! I also wanted to add problay another dumb qeustion , can u put a bov on a blown car ?
i'm not sure about the ignition wire. if it's the same as for an amp or hardwired radar detector you can just run it to a fuse in the fuse block that is only active when the igntition is on. there's a fuse block under the hood and one on the passenger side in the lower dash column on the left of the passenger side.

a bov can be applied to a blown car depending on the type of supercharger. in our case, with the roots type blower, no, a bov is completely useless. if you had a centrifugal blower which always makes boost, then you could use a bov. for all intensive purposes, a bov is useless on a cobalt ss/sc or ion redline since we have a roots type blower.

hope this all helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the response , I kinda figured you couldn't put one on a roots blower

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
no problem, just here to help better my fellow man. as long as they have an lsj or some other random cars i have limited knowledge in.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I could use a shift light. Do you think its worth it? The redline comes up too fast in first, then you gotta wait for it in every other gear. I tend to watch the tach in higher gears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have owned a shit load of quick cars and have never found a reason not to have a shift lite , so yes it is a good add on

·
Registered
729 Posts
boosted06 said:
I have owned a shit load of quick cars and have never found a reason not to have a shift lite , so yes it is a good add on
Just to clarify, is this the first car you have found a need for a shift light?

What type did you get? Are you able to post picks where you mounted it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not to steal this thread or anything, but are there any inside pics or cross sections of different types of FI. Turbos included.

Just want to get a feel for the different types, I saw something for the GXP Solstice so that's why I am asking, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ssnipes said:
Just to clarify, is this the first car you have found a need for a shift light?

What type did you get? Are you able to post picks where you mounted it?

Thanks.
no I have had a lite in my past 6 cars , and they have all been autometer pro shifts. at the time I don't have a digital camera but I will be buying one soon and will post as many mod pics as I can along the lines of doing them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts