Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people have short throw shifters in their ss/sc. Does anyone have any pics of the Hurst or B&M??? I'm trying to decide which one to go with. Which is most effective, which looks better, which fits better...etc. Thanks and PLEASE TRY TO POST SOME PICTURES IF YOU HAVE ANY!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx man, I think I am gonna go with the B&M and try to transfer the stock knob on it. I don't like the B&M knob at all, but maybe the sts is compatible with the stock knob. thanx

·
Registered
478 Posts
it will take some mod-ing to get the stock knob on the B&M sts....a big hammer and some real strong glue will do the trick tho!:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you have any trouble with getting Reverse? We followed all of the instructions carefully - 1-5 shift fine, but getting Reverse is really tough. DragRacerX in Dallas, GA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Addition to above post - pushed the post button too soon. This pertains to the B&M Short Throw Shifter #45187 installed on a 205 Cobalt SS. DragRacerX

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
that reverse issue is due to a misalignment of the shift cables.... if you didnt mark them perfectly, try the following:

-take off two plastic center pieces to expose shifter. place the shifter in neutral
-mark the location of the clip on the shifter cables with a sharpie
-unlock both clamps, and try to position the shifter perfectly in neutral (remember, this IS NOT dead center on the B&M)
-lock the clamps down again, and go drive it and see what happened

1 - 11 of 11 Posts