Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
shorty antenna INSTALLED

okay, so i got my antenna from antennax yesterday and cant figure it out :eek:. it comes with adapter studs but the threads on the car are male and the stud on the car wont come out. did they send me the wrong one or am i just being stupid?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmm, they musta sent me the wrong one then? it says right on the ebay auction "cobalt". i cant see why im having all these problems, lol, i feel like a dumbass. ill try it again. thx

i just checked again and no worky. i dont wanna make new threads on the car's stud. ill have to contact them.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i got the same one. it came with like 3 or 4 adapters (can't remember) and after unscrewing the old antenna, i looked at the adapter, then at the bottom of the shorty antenna. tossed the adapter on the ground and screwed the antenna directly onto the car no problem, no adapter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the threads on the old antenna are larger on mine. i cannot figure this out. guess its goin on the camaro. the universal ones that are supposed to fit the car at the parts stores dont fit either (too small). wtf?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put it on a grand prix and my camaro and it screwed right on, but for some reason, the stud on my cobalt is larger than the other cars. i'm totally perplexed. i'm just gonna use that on the camaro and drill/tap an element antenna i think.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i'm too lazy to search various threads haha... where can i get one? i bought one that was short but the stud was too thick. grrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
antennax said that some 06 models had a different antenna, so i was right. mine is 7mm x 1.00 and the others are 6mm x 1.00.

go to www.antennax.com and follow the links to cobalt and find the eurostyle short antenna

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ChevelleElite said:
Hod do you do that I bought a S2000 antenna for the height and the threads are both male......
i ground the threads down with a bench grinder and a dremel and drilled and tapped 7mmx1.0. some 06's have 7mm and some have 6mm x 1.0. noone makes a direct replacement for the 7mm size so i had to do it. be careful, esp with the 7mm cuz theres not much room to work with. i ruined 1 antenna. also, i could not get the threads deep enough to sit flush, so i ground down a rubber washer and put it under the antenna. sounds kinda ghetto, but the way i did it you dont notice. HTH

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
or you can go to the local parts house and get a tap and tap the adapter stud out to 7mmx1.0 thats what i did

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
08 should be the same as the 06-07 05 and EARLY 06 were the 6mm thread

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What is the thread pattern?

BTW, I did the same mod as pwmin. I just ground the post a little to make the Element/S2000 antenna fit perfectly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
05 and 06 Cobalts have the 6MM stud. 07 and 08 has 7MM stud.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts