Cobalts SS banner

Should CobaltSS establish a profanity filter for the forums?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • No.

Votes: 54 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll will be a simple yes or no poll. A profanity filter would simply take words
considered to be profane and turn them into *****.

Duration: 2 weeks.

At the end of the poll, the one with the most votes will reign supreme.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, you have fvck, fsck (which is actually a *nix command), phuck, phuk, phuctard, phuktard, fock, f0ck, [email protected], fack, fick, ficken (which is a real German word), etc.
That's just ONE word. Don't get me started on shite and all its variants.
So in order to "properly" ban that word, you will also need to ban variants on the word. Eventually your filters will hit around 100 words.
It would SUCK to be the one typing all that in. :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
im sure is mainly for those that feel they have to say Fffffudge every other word. I use it alot when I'm driving down the road (rd rage) but I try to keep the cuss words down quite a bit on forums because there are younger people reading, even though I know this will not be the only place they read or hear it but I'm not going to contribute to it if I can help it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's a lot easier to go "click-BAN!" than it is typing in all those words.
Less moderator overhead.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the members of this forum are good enough people to police themselves and know what is appropriate for certain situations. I'm sure I've dropped an f-bomb on here before, but I only do it if I'm extremely enraged by ignorance or in response to a shot taken at me or my car. I don't think a profanity filter is necessary. If someone's angry, there's too many 4 letter words that they can use in any given situation and it makes understanding them more difficult. Instead, you should make a punctuation filter that limits people's posting capability if they don't use proper punctuation.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I see no reason why any sort of filter would be bad. I mean if you can't find other ways of saying stuff, that's your prob, and shouldn't be everyone's. I've cursed on here many times, but I always wondered how it was taken. Now I know, and I have no problem with giving it up if it offends anyone.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well i fell that it should not have to be on it is just people just need to curve what they say and we would not have this problem...... me just being a MOD it is a pain to go into everyone's post who do say the "F-bomb" and some times it makes my job really hard because it is hard to keep up sometimes i mean if people would just not use it it would be no problem at all.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do all or none.

Suck it up boys it's the internet. We can't type the word f*ck, but we can download Paris Hilton getting piledriven for 45 miutes...

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
REALLY?!?! WHERE?!?!? I wanna SEE that!!! WHERE WHERE?!?!?!

Dude Im just kiddin.... please dont post that link... it'll make me have to work. LOL

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I also would like to add that this forum needs more MOD-Power. Chris and Paul do a great job and all, but 2 MODS can't control everything.

ekool, castrol.... choose atleast 2 more if you want things back in order.

Double the man-power for now.

I'll help out, and believe me.. there wont be any BS. It'll go away slowly but surely. If you guys think I can't be a MOD, check out ATF. I'm the Admin along with JDMcivic and tell me if our forum is "out of control."

I offered my help to ekool MONTHS ago, before Chris and Paul.

This time, I say you guys dont do a public vote... choose them yourselves.

I'm up for it, just let me know.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.