Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i saw a new kit from greddy turboing the si bringing hp up to 251 so do you think a stock balt would still kill it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
whats the curb weight of the si?

·
Registered
177 Posts
turbo si will eat us alive stock. and they should get more than 251 unless that is at the wheels...

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
a stock si is only a few tenths behind a stock ss/sc in the quarter when both are driven correctly. a turbo si would rape a stock cobalt and probably put a hurting on most modded ones.

also, i would assumed 251 is at the wheels and on a low boost setting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
vtack pwns joo

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know I am modded and I hit 282.2 WHP and 261.3 WTQ... So I am pretty sure I would give a Turbo SI a run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
True the question was about a stock balt but one post said that a modded one would to be beat by one I was simply replying to that post.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
True the question was about a stock balt but one post said that a modded one would to be beat by one I was simply replying to that post.
if you read it says most modded balts. and since most balts that are "modded" are usually just i/e a turbo si would hurt them... bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i WILL AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT FOR THE MOST BALTS.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i WILL AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT FOR THE MOST BALTS.
I dont think you all have enough faith in your cars. I have rode in the si its slow until the 6000 rpm mark then it goes if the turbo did any thing it would help it matbe dwon lower being proportianlly(sp??) sized in all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Si + turbo kit= $26000+ 251hp
VS
Cobalt + CA Stage 6= $23000 285hp ish

So i dont mind if they have a turbo. there still going to lose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Si + turbo kit= $26000+ 251hp
VS
Cobalt + CA Stage 6= $23000 285hp ish

So i dont mind if they have a turbo. there still going to lose.
I don't think you're giving the K20 enough credit... There are plenty of turbo'd RSX-S's pushing over 310whp on an otherwise stock motor, no reason why the Civic can't do the same. How much would you guys have to spend to reach 315-320whp? Don't you have to upgrade some internals to break the 300whp mark?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think you're giving the K20 enough credit... There are plenty of turbo'd RSX-S's pushing over 310whp on an otherwise stock motor, no reason why the Civic can't do the same. How much would you guys have to spend to reach 315-320whp? Don't you have to upgrade some internals to break the 300whp mark?
We can could probably be on the verge of the 400 mark before upgrading internals.:cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
ya, but we were taking about the guy that buys a standerd turbo kit like greddy thats only about 235 hp. A nice rev hard kit is only 254 hp and 200 ftlbs. That not coming close in the cobalt zone. hell, thats only a stage 3 from intense. and even then were making 35 more ftlbs of tq. for only 600 bucks. Now imagine if you went and spent 4000 on the cobalt like you did for that rsx turbo kit ???

·
Registered
53 Posts
ya, but we were taking about the guy that buys a standerd turbo kit like greddy thats only about 235 hp. A nice rev hard kit is only 254 hp and 200 ftlbs. That not coming close in the cobalt zone. hell, thats only a stage 3 from intense. and even then were making 35 more ftlbs of tq. for only 600 bucks. Now imagine if you went and spent 4000 on the cobalt like you did for that rsx turbo kit ???

I was also talking about the $3500 Greddy kit... they're pushing over 300whp on 11psi with an otherwise stock motor.

Also from what I've been reading on this very forum approx. 300whp is the max you guys can get without having to upgrade other things. Such as the pistons, valve springs, the blower, the clutch... or is this info false? I would imagine that replacing the blower with a bigger one or a turbo, as well as replacing the pistons & clutch wouldn't be much less that getting a f/i kit for an RSX-S.

Now if you guys can reach that 400whp mark with nothing more than buying a cheap kit then cool... but from what I've been learning of your car, this isn't the case. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was also talking about the $3500 Greddy kit... they're pushing over 300whp on 11psi with an otherwise stock motor.

Also from what I've been reading on this very forum approx. 300whp is the max you guys can get without having to upgrade other things. Such as the pistons, valve springs, the blower, the clutch... or is this info false? I would imagine that replacing the blower with a bigger one or a turbo, as well as replacing the pistons & clutch wouldn't be much less that getting a f/i kit for an RSX-S.

Now if you guys can reach that 400whp mark with nothing more than buying a cheap kit then cool... but from what I've been learning of your car, this isn't the case. I could be wrong though.
Info is very false the block of the lsj is strong and 400 whp witout upgraded internals is possible. Clutch would probably not handle it but niehter would a srt 4 .

1 - 20 of 88 Posts