Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my car(2007 Cobalt SS) in for a some what loud whistle under the hood. they said the throtle bodys had some recall and they have a new kit, air was getting past cuz the hole was too big, so that was the whistle, so they think, but eathier was there is a recall on the throtle body, dont wait for your dealer to call you, cuz they wont, @$$'$, heh

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
okay, just got off the phone with the dealer, they say its a bulleten for the problem i have, which is a whistle under the hood cuased by too big if a hole in the intake, so they have to take the intake off, drill a smaller one hole and close the other, he brought up pvp or pvc, im not sure what it was or what it is. so its not nessacarly a recall, but GM made a kit to fix it so im sure most balts made around or in the same year have the noise, but ppl prob dont think anything of it, it sounds like the belt squecking kind if that helps anyone, its kinda faint yet noticble. Its gettin installed tomorrow, ill post how it goes and if it fixes the problem....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha glad you clarifyed the 2.4

i was gonna say that the whistling is most likely this big thing called a supercharger
haha, gezh what do you take me for, lol, I was sick today and the car didnt get fix, but will tomorrow, I'll keep ya all informed

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very happy to say after 3 hours in the shop the prob is fixed! plus my car feels a millon times better, throtle response seems better too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts