Cobalts SS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got finished dropping a K&N filter into my cobalt ss. filter cost about 60 bucks at autozone and is model e-1009. It's a harder install to do then you would think. if anyone has any questions or needs help doing the same feel free to e-mail or pm me, i'm always glad to help. anyway, i'm not sure about performance gains, but it sure does make that supercharger sound more like a mini jet turbine. for the sound, the money was worth it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
cobalt ss 717 said:
yea i was thinkin about doin that until i got my intake, big increase in sound?

spend $24.99 buy a universal filter, do the airbox mod and save even more money.. sounds better too

i'll get a sound clip of mine today when i drive to work

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a $30 (Canadian) Cone and did some air box modding to make sure the sensor still fits in the stock location and it sounds awesome. More low end pick-up too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
RedBaseBolt said:
I got a $30 (Canadian) Cone and did some air box modding to make sure the sensor still fits in the stock location and it sounds awesome. More low end pick-up too.

30$ what brand did you go with ??

·
Registered
128 Posts
APC makes one for something like $20.

·
Registered
291 Posts
selfinfliction said:
and don't see how a cai is a waste of money. if you got it, spend it... every little bit of power helps
its a very small amount for what it costs is all. I like mine just based on how it looks on the car but as far as performance gains go it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
selfinfliction said:
spend $24.99 buy a universal filter, do the airbox mod and save even more money.. sounds better too

i'll get a sound clip of mine today when i drive to work
i used a k&n cause i know they back up their products. it was 60 bucks, but at least i can be sure it's quality. and how do you know that a universal filter sounds better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts