Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious if you are going to purchase or single or dual Cat Back Exhaust?

·
Registered
33 Posts
gba said:
Im just curious if you are going to purchase or single or dual Cat Back Exhaust?
Depend on my pocket, if I get enough I will add a turbo create high end HP, then I need 3" inlet single stailess catback. :)
For just look, I will pickup dual caback exhaust with titanium dual tips on each side or some kind of double layer tips. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea, since the SS is only a 4-banger you only need a single outlet BUT you can do duals but itll be only for looks won't gain more with the duals or anything....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mark said:
Yea, since the SS is only a 4-banger you only need a single outlet BUT you can do duals but itll be only for looks won't gain more with the duals or anything....
If you change small pulley and get good exhaust manifold, maybe dual exhaust mean something. But if you look closely, SS has a heat shield by the exhaust pipe and gas tank. I don't know dual exhasut is good thing or not. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
dom551 said:
If you change small pulley and get good exhaust manifold, maybe dual exhaust mean something. But if you look closely, SS has a heat shield by the exhaust pipe and gas tank. I don't know dual exhasut is good thing or not. :confused:
Duals are strictly for looks on a 4cyl... ;)

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah I plan to have a FULL exhaust AND an intake and throttle body within like two months of buyin mine. Not sure about the intake manifold yet, I've heard its integrated into the S/C not sure, I'll have to take a look at one first, but I could always have it ported! :D

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Thats a pretty hot sunifre!!! And the exhaust looks good too, almost too big for my taste but not quite. I like it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
How big is the piping? Did anybody notice???
SS is 2.5" inlet catback
Coupe/Sedan are 2 3/8" catback
After this few days to check out, I can not tell is single or dual is better, unless have some more testing and report come out.
The 2.2L exhaust manifold is slightly smaller than SS 2.0L (airflow).

Good header can get nice gain, but SC is not like turbo car. Dual catback or 3" catback, I couldn't tell now. SC car still need some backpressure to be keep up torque.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts