Cobalts SS banner

Single or Dual Cat Back Exhaust

5K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  87camaroPA 
#1 ·
Im just curious if you are going to purchase or single or dual Cat Back Exhaust?

#2 ·
gba said:
Im just curious if you are going to purchase or single or dual Cat Back Exhaust?
Depend on my pocket, if I get enough I will add a turbo create high end HP, then I need 3" inlet single stailess catback. :)
For just look, I will pickup dual caback exhaust with titanium dual tips on each side or some kind of double layer tips. :D

#4 ·
Mark said:
Yea, since the SS is only a 4-banger you only need a single outlet BUT you can do duals but itll be only for looks won't gain more with the duals or anything....
If you change small pulley and get good exhaust manifold, maybe dual exhaust mean something. But if you look closely, SS has a heat shield by the exhaust pipe and gas tank. I don't know dual exhasut is good thing or not. :confused:

#17 ·
Yeah I plan to have a FULL exhaust AND an intake and throttle body within like two months of buyin mine. Not sure about the intake manifold yet, I've heard its integrated into the S/C not sure, I'll have to take a look at one first, but I could always have it ported! :D

#20 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
How big is the piping? Did anybody notice???
SS is 2.5" inlet catback
Coupe/Sedan are 2 3/8" catback
After this few days to check out, I can not tell is single or dual is better, unless have some more testing and report come out.
The 2.2L exhaust manifold is slightly smaller than SS 2.0L (airflow).

Good header can get nice gain, but SC is not like turbo car. Dual catback or 3" catback, I couldn't tell now. SC car still need some backpressure to be keep up torque.

#23 ·
Two

Dual looks way more appealing!

#24 ·
Hey PA people dont know if you guys seen this befor but here is a new law that might go though. It sucks alot.

Straight from SEMA:

URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT

Pennsylvania Reintroduces Bill to Ban the Use of Aftermarket Exhaust Systems

Legislation (H.B. 1330) that would effectively prohibit the use of exhaust systems other than a "factory-installed muffler” or a “muffler meeting factory specifications" has been reintroduced in the Pennsylvania State House of Representatives by Representative Michael K. Hanna (Phone:
717/772-2283, Fax: 717/787-4137). The bill has been referred to the
House Transportation Committee.

Contact Rep. Hanna and Members of the Pennsylvania House Transportation Committee (List Below) Immediately to Request Their Opposition to H.B. 1330

· H.B. 1330 ignores the fact that aftermarket exhaust systems are designed to make vehicles run more efficiently without increasing emissions.

· H.B. 1330 fails to recognize that aftermarket exhaust systems offer increased performance and utility.

· H.B. 1330 would make it nearly impossible for hobbyists to replace factory exhaust systems with more durable, better performing options.

· H.B. 1330 perpetuates the erroneous assumption that enthusiasts who equip their vehicles with modified exhaust systems are involved in illegal street racing.

Call or Fax the members of the House Transportation Committee in Harrisburg (See List Below) today to oppose this legislation. This bill
unfairly tramples on the rights of vehicle enthusiasts in Pennsylvania.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.