Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just brought home my new 06 SS and would like to install my Sirius sportster unit into the cobalt. I just wanted to see if anyone on here has added a plug and play unit to the cobalt. I am looking for some mounting location ideas pics would be great also.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Well is it the Sportster or the Sportster Replay? Replay would be easy, just use the suction cup and put it in the lower left hand corner of the windshield. You could always do that even if its NOT the replay by going anywhere and buying a carkit for the new sportster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I mounted my sportser replay in the lower left window, just to the right of the boost gauge. I then ran the wires all hiden to the trunk, up throught the insulation, and hide the antennea below my spoiler in the corner. If you need pics I can take some later for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the replay sportster and I have the suction mount but I was looking for something to mount it down by the ac controls or something like that. I have found a flexible 15" mount that attaches to the passenger seat bolt, i have found the cup holder mount and have found a mount that used 3m tape to adhere to the plastic panels and has a "L" bracket with it. I may use the mount with the "L" bracket and just below my glove box or I am going to fabricate a mount plate that bolts to the 2 bolts on the right of the radio. Is there anyway to use the xm antena with my sirius unit?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Check out Bracketron's website and/or Panavise's website, they make all kinds of custom brackets for mounting them near the ac controls for all sorts of vehicles, but the cobalt is still relatively new so I dont know if they'll have them yet or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts