Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting you guys know i have seen a lot of new t/c cobalts will boost issues. The most common problem i see is the waste gate actuator rod nuts come loose and the wastegate stays open, or they are left loose from the factory. The threads on the rod may catch on the waste gate causing the vehicle to intermittantly have boost. Gm has released a bulletin addressing the concern. Basicaly you just tighten the waste gate rod nuts. Other common low boost problems are due to a cracked waste gate actuator. Or the passenger side radiator lower support bolt hits the charge piping and wears a hole into it (u install a washer to the bolt to fix the contact with the charge pipe)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thx for the information sir. I will keep that in mind when I go to buy the SS/TC. No sarcasm meant

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just letting you guys know i have seen a lot of new t/c cobalts will boost issues. The most common problem i see is the waste gate actuator rod nuts come loose and the wastegate stays open, or they are left loose from the factory. The threads on the rod may catch on the waste gate causing the vehicle to intermittantly have boost. Gm has released a bulletin addressing the concern. Basicaly you just tighten the waste gate rod nuts. Other common low boost problems are due to a cracked waste gate actuator. Or the passenger side radiator lower support bolt hits the charge piping and wears a hole into it (u install a washer to the bolt to fix the contact with the charge pipe)
so they come with adjustable wga or are you talking about the bolt thats hold them ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so they come with adjustable wga or are you talking about the bolt thats hold them ?
Its not really an adjustable waste gate actuator, but there is an adjustment for it. They make it semi adjustable due to slight clearance differences from vehcle to vehicle. There is just a long rod that comes out from the waste gate actuator. It goes trought the waste gate linkage with a nut on either
side. My nuts where left loose from the factory and i would only get boost when the threads would catch on the linkage. You can't get any power from
the adjustment unless your loosing the power to begin with. All the adjustement does is make sure the wga is fully closed when its supposed to be. The pcm is still going to control when pressure is released.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts