Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the standard warranty cover small paint scratches? There's a tiny scratch on the tip of my passenger door. I've never hit anything with any of my doors though. I just noticed it today and had it since May. I was wondering if it was covered under warranty because they might think I just opened the door and hit something and not fix it. It appears to be a simple fix. Just a quick swipe of touch up paint, not even a drops worth. Would they fix it?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Not sure call them and ask if "there were a scratch" would it be covered under warrantee or will there be a need for me to just purchase touch up paint? Just try not to say you have a scratch just say you are just asking for some general knowledge. That would be what i do. But do what you fell is right.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know this sounds pretty bad but this is what I would do.. If the scratch is bad... Bring it to the dealership and say there is something wrong with your car (but not really....) Then knowing nothing is wrong with your car before you leave walk out with the severs manger and spot a scratch in your car then they have to fix it.... Thats if you dont want to pay any money to fix it your-self....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
BizoCG said:
I know this sounds pretty bad but this is what I would do.. If the scratch is bad... Bring it to the dealership and say there is something wrong with your car (but not really....) Then knowing nothing is wrong with your car before you leave walk out with the severs manger and spot a scratch in your car then they have to fix it.... Thats if you dont want to pay any money to fix it your-self....
LOL.. that's great:)'

You have to be slick about it though!!! Tell them your battery died, lol..

I say you actually really try this!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh man... you guys are wrong...

Scratches are not covered because its not a manufacters defect, you can get scratches just driving in the street & etc...
Sorry

·
Registered
26 Posts
the only way the dealer will fix a scratch is if you bring it in for service and they make the scratch and u notice before you leave

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well since it's not covered, how do I go about fixing it myself? Its very tiny but damn being brand new it looks SO HUGE to me. Its not even a quarter inch long and its on the edge of the door where the metal wraps back around. As small as it is would it need the whole deal such as primer, paint and clear coat? It won't even need a drop of each.

·
Registered
364 Posts
BizoCG said:
yea it does sound pretty bad. i work at a dealer and i hate when people try to pull one over on us.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone know the color code for victory red?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Well actually if its a SCRATCH no it wouldnt be covered probably, but if the paint is chipped (sithout any kind of contact of course) or is flaking (for no provoked reason) then I WOULD DEFINITELY have it fixed by the dealer... But it would be hard to prove that it just flaked and wasnt bumped or somethin...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well just got my new headlamp installed and got the to check out the scratch. They just wouldn't beleive me and they said they couldn't take care of it(under warranty anyway). So anyways now I'm goingt to fix it myself. I saw this paint pen thing online and it has my code. I know I need a base coat pen and a clear coat pen but what about a primer pen? I appears to be all the way down to the metal so I assume I need all three pens but if I don't someone please tell me. Also do I just apply the paint, no thinning or sanding required or what? i've never done a touch up before.

·
Registered
113 Posts
on my driver side door to the right of the handle there was a scratch and it looked like it was an outword ding. i brought it back and they repainted the door for me. depends how long its been

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
dervin3 said:
Well just got my new headlamp installed and got the to check out the scratch. They just wouldn't beleive me and they said they couldn't take care of it(under warranty anyway). So anyways now I'm goingt to fix it myself. I saw this paint pen thing online and it has my code. I know I need a base coat pen and a clear coat pen but what about a primer pen? I appears to be all the way down to the metal so I assume I need all three pens but if I don't someone please tell me. Also do I just apply the paint, no thinning or sanding required or what? i've never done a touch up before.
Just go to the dealer and get some touch up paint. Probably less then 10 dollars. Also it is lacqour paint so you will not need a a clear coat or primer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts