Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today while i was heading to work i started smelling something nasty, like something burnt , and i had the ac off. so i check to see if any smoke was coming from the car but nuttin, i turned the ac on and the smell was gone after like 4 mins. Well i got to work and was just thinking all day what it could have been, then lunch time came and i drove again without the ac on and everything was fine, then i turned the ac on and thats when i started smelling it thru the ac, but it would go away after like 1 min with the ac on, soooo what the hell is the problem im having here.?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Its not a problem it just happens sometimes. Quit eating mexican food.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you are not that proficient with a clutch then the smell could be you burning the clutch. Just a thought!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Anyone ever replaced the cabin air filter yet? Mine has a funky smell at times. Right now I'm just using solid vent air freshener clips (those liquid ones are dangerous. Someone else here has posted about it spilling and ruining the finish on the painted interior pieces).
Wonder if anyone makes a baking soda infused cabin air filter. I bet that would work wonders.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had that problem with a Dodge i used to have. The problem according to the dealer was that when it rains (or gets humid outside) it stays moist in the ducts and the smell is just "old moisture" like a swampy smell. They told me to just spray some Lysol in the intake ducts from the outside. (just in front of the windshield) This kills the bacteria that causes the smell. Don't know is the science was right or not, but the smell did'nt come back for a long time and went away when I did the same treatment again. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts