Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out this week that Cobalts + icy snow= no good. I live down a private road which dosen't get treated by the salt trucks, and boy was I going no where fast. Or at all for that matter. Once some tractors cleared it up some, it still wasnt fun listening to my exhaust bottom out on the chunks of ice and snow left in the middle of the road due to the tire tracks on either side. Guess thats the downside to having a lowered car. Sure hope chunks of ice don't hurt the underside of a car too much.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yep. they could be the worst ever. my cars scrape like crazy. bad roads, bad weather and tons of hills. lol. but Dunlop Graspics work really well in this snow. if i was still runnin my 18s with pirellis, i'd have balled my car up by now.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
yeah it wasn't so much a traction issue for me. It was just the fact that my car is lowered (Sportlines), and I didn't have proper clearance down my un-treated gravel road. Bottomed out just about the whole way down!
same, id be able to plow my damn self out with the body kit!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, snow and ice suck balls. Drove back from San Diego the 15th of January and not back for 24 hours I am trying to go UP a driveway on my stock BF Goodrich KDW's and my car decides to start sliding back down backwards at about 3mph with all 4 wheels locked up (brakes on) it just continues to slide and goes sideways and scrapes the rear bumper all along a school bus, lovely.

450 bucks to remove and repaint the bumper cover at the dealer, not too bad, but I will have a driver car for the winter that responds better to snow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts