Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well apparently we have a guy near where I work that has a CSS. Well imagine my surprise when he was bragging about this thing like god himself built it ( you know my stance on CSS's, I love them, just not the drivers, anyway) he says to me, you should take that skittle, neon, little turbo blah blah blah to the track and run me so I can completely whoop your a$$.
Well he has a 50shot of nitrous, "supposed" port and polished something and exhaust, telling me he is running 12's. I asked for a slip but also my surprise he has never ran the car before, just w/ those mods "it will be well into the 12's".
So the last time I checked 50hp didn't take away 2.5 seconds or more off a 1/4 mile time. What do ya think? B.S. talker? I will find out this weekend.
So he kept bragging he was going to be my pretty much stock srt-4 to hell and back using NOS + goodies when last week he was stating the only difference was that I had a turbo and he had an S/C, oh yeah and he was pushing 260hp right off the showroom floor.
He is supposed to be already on the forums here but doesn't talk much.
Ha, oh and this part he said..... "i'm gonna be twin-charged bitch. hahahaha do somethin'"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, since the twin-charge idea is dead, at least for street cars, he is going to have a hard time backing that last statement up.

·
Registered
376 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
Well apparently we have a guy near where I work that has a CSS. Well imagine my surprise when he was bragging about this thing like god himself built it ( you know my stance on CSS's, I love them, just not the drivers, anyway) he says to me, you should take that skittle, neon, little turbo blah blah blah to the track and run me so I can completely whoop your a$$.
Well he has a 50shot of nitrous, "supposed" port and polished something and exhaust, telling me he is running 12's. I asked for a slip but also my surprise he has never ran the car before, just w/ those mods "it will be well into the 12's".
So the last time I checked 50hp didn't take away 2.5 seconds or more off a 1/4 mile time. What do ya think? B.S. talker? I will find out this weekend.
So he kept bragging he was going to be my pretty much stock srt-4 to hell and back using NOS + goodies when last week he was stating the only difference was that I had a turbo and he had an S/C, oh yeah and he was pushing 260hp right off the showroom floor.
He is supposed to be already on the forums here but doesn't talk much.
Ha, oh and this part he said..... "i'm gonna be twin-charged bitch. hahahaha do somethin'"
yeah, most CSS owners are total fanboys. hope you smoke his ass. ;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DC52NV said:
yeah, most CSS owners are total fanboys. hope you smoke his ass. ;)
this is the same guy I was giving props about his car before but he totally disrespects anyone because he thinks they are making fun of him.... anyway, I said well even if you beat me Mr. Billy Bad-A$$ my bud from work is going to have his Steeda 05 Mustang GT there, so this starts off with the whole.... Mustang are so ghey, because he is trying to use a bigger engine to compensate for his small penis, ..all of this out of nowhere type statement, lol. So I asked him if he wasn't trying to compensate then why buy a 4cyl, w/ a supercharger, then add nitrous, then port n polish, then add exhaust, then want a turbo on top of that....... Asked why didn't he jsut buy a LS cobalt so that noone would think he was compensating by adding all of the other power adders, so then he returned w/ the statement that I was ghey and I was a waste of time to talk to because obviously I couldn't understand the whole concept of a 4cyl whooping a v8...... :confused: .... I just wanted to laff, pat him on top of the head and hand him a cookie.
but we will see this weekend, I'm gonna grab his slip also and take a pic.

·
Registered
376 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
this is the same guy I was giving props about his car before but he totally disrespects anyone because he thinks they are making fun of him.... anyway, I said well even if you beat me Mr. Billy Bad-A$$ my bud from work is going to have his Steeda 05 Mustang GT there, so this starts off with the whole.... Mustang are so ghey, because he is trying to use a bigger engine to compensate for his small penis, ..all of this out of nowhere type statement, lol. So I asked him if he wasn't trying to compensate then why buy a 4cyl, w/ a supercharger, then add nitrous, then port n polish, then add exhaust, then want a turbo on top of that....... Asked why didn't he jsut buy a LS cobalt so that noone would think he was compensating by adding all of the other power adders, so then he returned w/ the statement that I was ghey and I was a waste of time to talk to because obviously I couldn't understand the whole concept of a 4cyl whooping a v8...... :confused: .... I just wanted to laff, pat him on top of the head and hand him a cookie.
but we will see this weekend, I'm gonna grab his slip also and take a pic.
haha, that guy is a total tool. good luck at the track and hope you serve his ass.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
87camaroPA said:
I hope you set him strait and kick his A$$ and make him sorry and to respect the SRT-4's. He is totaly talking right out of his A$$..
or is he?

LMFAO..

he would totally ow3n us all!!!!!!!! bwahahhahah

im sure he's lying tho... but first.. to the track!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
I just wanted to laff, pat him on top of the head and hand him a cookie.

:eek: LOL!....

cobalt ss with the 50 shot of nitrous and exhaust...

I'd say 14 second car... maybe. :p

what's done to your srt?.. you know you can do things for CHEAP and make it run a lot faster. (bleeder valve / bend arm on wastegate a tad to hold more boost).. with just those two things done you can manage a 13.5 ;)

[edit] Just read your sig. Nm you'll own him big time. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
KSE said:
Dude... the SS is capable of mid-low 14's stock

well.. when i was browsing through the forums.. I read about tons of people in the mid 15s.. and the best I read on the forum was a 14.7ish.. I didnt search high and low.. but I did see a ton of times.. and most were way above mid 14s.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That's becuase they can't drive them to their full potential yet.

The SS trap's high 90's... that's easy mid 14's. People just need to start driving them harder and BETTER.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
LowNSlowNeon said:
Okay... so with how people are driving them.. I see a 14.0 with nitrous.. :eek:
haha.. good one.

Most owners as of now upgraded when they got their SS's. I think it'll take them some time to get used to the new power.

·
Registered
492 Posts
A redline with a 35 shot ran 13.8xx. With the 50 shot, and "other" mods, he could be at 13.6-13.7, if he can drive. Launching is the hardest thing in this car. Once people get the launch down at the strip, the 98mph traps will fall a little, as well as the et's.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Man... put me in a stock SS and I'll garauntee you guys one of the lowest stock e.t.'s!!!!! LOL.. i swear it!

·
Registered
364 Posts
if you look at the motor trend magazine comparison test between the css and srt4 they both run 14.4 and the srt4 is at 100.8 while the css is at 99.3. i would say thats at the full potential for the ss and if we could drive them like the test drivers we would all run those times. im not saying the the ss and srt4 are just as fast as each other. i know the srt4 is faster and motor trend even admits in the article that the time they tested is about half a second slower then their previous tests. the ss on the other hand only tested a tenth of a second different than their previous test so its pretty consistent and probably the best it will run stock.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the motortrend comparison was way off and they have admitted it. it was not actual track times it was computer comparisons. Check out the 0-100mph time for the srt-4 was 13.8, yet the 1/4 mile time was [email protected] 100mph....<---see
the cobalt 0-100 was a 15.4 yet 1/4 mile was [email protected], it just doesn't add up.

LownSlow, me and a friend just tried the bent WGA arm 2 days ago on his car, measurements were exact on, no added boost. We were both ??????

·
Registered
364 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
the motortrend comparison was way off and they have admitted it. it was not actual track times it was computer comparisons. Check out the 0-100mph time for the srt-4 was 13.8, yet the 1/4 mile time was [email protected] 100mph....<---see
the cobalt 0-100 was a 15.4 yet 1/4 mile was [email protected], it just doesn't add up.

LownSlow, me and a friend just tried the bent WGA arm 2 days ago on his car, measurements were exact on, no added boost. We were both ??????
there is another article where they tested it at 14.5 and 98.2

·
Registered
364 Posts
car and driver also tested the css and it ran 14.4 also and it was at 100 mph so yes its capable to run mid 14s stock

1 - 20 of 47 Posts