Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe I saw a Cobaltssforums.com sticker in the rear window. A black four door Cobalt with fart can. Traveling North on Route 51.

I happen to own a Ion Red Line. I happened to be in the right lane, minding my own business. I happened to hear you go wide open throttle and take off. I happened to, uh, stay at 40 or 45 or so, as my girlfriend is in the car, and I know that there are cops in the area.

And then the cop pulls us both over for "drag racing." And the cop gives us both "careless driving" tickets.

Would've it been hard for you to say...hey...I really wasn't racing the guy in the Saturn, but that silver Caviler?

Thanks buddy. You made my night.

*edit*

It was brought to my attention I said a four door, and a two door. It was a coupe. My fault.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure about the laws where you are from, but where I live you can fight the ticket in court. If you had a witness, your GF, and were not speeding you should be able to get it done. Sure it takes your day but if you really want it off your record than maybe you should. Then again I have no idea how things work where you live so I could be completely wrong. :confused: I'm kinda a spaz if someone acused me of doing something I know I didn't I flip out on them, cop or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't spaz. I get pissed. I like cops. Respect them. He was being...rather mean. He was TRYING to get me to get pissed off, and it almost worked. But I stuck with the "sir" as I didn't feel like getting cuffed.

I am fighting this, in court, with a lawyer present. I want to see this "video." I believe the Cobalt faux-SS was racing a silver caviler, who turned off. So cops sees a nice shiny blue Ion Red Line and decides to give me a hard time. The Cobalt was TRYING to race. Went WOT at my door, and pulled ahead. I kept my same speed.

So, I'll await my court day. And I can't wait to see this "video."

I'm more curious to know who the owner of the Colbat is, since he had a cobaltssforums.com banner. What pissed me most off is this driver KNOWS I did nothing--I had my cruise on!!--and said jack and shit. However, you could be right. Cop might've said "yeah, whatever." Oh well, if this video exists, it'll show a blue Ion cruising, and a black Cobalt speeding. I wasn't even going to pull over, but the cop backed out and blocked my way. At that point...I was like...no way. No friggin way.

:mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joedashow said:
They make 4-door SS's, BTW.
Iknow. I did note he didn't have the 18"s. But its all besides the point. The point is he went WOT while I stayed on the cruise. And I get pulled into a mess with an angry cop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was about to drive by the cop...when he blocked the road and screamed: PULL THE HELL OVER.

I was like...uh, what? My gf was like...uh...weren't you just crusing.

Seriously...I love my fellow RL brothers, and our Cobalt SS/SC clones. I do not, however, enjoy getting blamed for shit I didn't do.

This "video" should be neat. I hope it shows the cobalt racing a silver cav w/ fart can i saw turn off. If so, I can be like. Hmm. I own a blue Ion. That appears to be a silver caviler.

Or...well, looky that. i was going the speed limit while the tool in the Cobalt decides to floor it, making it look like "we" (HE) was racing.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
you should check cobaltss.net. we don't sell stickers or banners or anything that say cobaltss.con, but i know the .net site sells decals. the .net site is also full of a lot more people, and way more assholes, so my best guess is the banner said cobaltss.net and the guy is on the other forum.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
iso said:
you should check cobaltss.net. we don't sell stickers or banners or anything that say cobaltss.con, but i know the .net site sells decals. the .net site is also full of a lot more people, and way more assholes, so my best guess is the banner said cobaltss.net and the guy is on the other forum.
Yea, thats the same thing I was thinking! We don't sell stickers here!

Plus, that isn't our internet address.. Uhh?

·
Registered
120 Posts
That sucks about the ticket & hope you get a good chance to fight it. IF the guy has vid, should be interesting to see if / where you show up in it.

What part of 51 where you on?? Over towrad CenturyIII? or the burgh? or down towards Elizabeth??

Those cops all along there watch for crap like that, and depending where you get nailed, they can be a pain.

I watch my butt pretty well there.

I've not been on those roads in a long time, and haven't ever been thru there in the SS.

Good luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
You'll never find 'em Duke, just go to the court date! Hehe... bring a VTEC sticker and get some revenge! Plaster like 10 of them on the car, you'll know when you see a new thread.

"HEY! Look what some ass clown put all over my car!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts