Cobalts SS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone going to this on the 23-24 sep?

it's one of the biggest shows around, usually well over 1000 show vehicles. they are fairly strict so there's not too many crap cars there. they have alot of hotrods, a bunch of imports and new domestics, and so on. they have a burnout contest, this month they are having a classic truck auction, going on a "fun run" somewhere... saturday morning, usually about a 30-50 mile cruise, live bands and such then the cool stuff....basically it's an event that is through the entire town.

they close down about 5 miles of a 6 lane highway for everyone to cruise on from 8pm to whenever... there are alot of cars out there, alot of burnouts, and early before there's a bunch of cars, and right when people start leaving there's alot of all out balls to the wall racing.

the cool thing is that they take fire trucks, ambulances and police cars and block off all the side roads so no one can come on or off and you don't need to worry about hitting anyone.

my family lives down there so i thought i'd go visit them for the weekend since i haven't been to one of these in a long time.

the website is http://www.somernitescruise.com/

and if anyone is interested in going, i can get you information on cheap places to stay. the entire area is fairly crime free so it doesn't matter where you stay, there's no reason to pay $75 a night when you can get a room for like $35 at another place.

also if anyone decides to go there and they need a place to cleanup their car or do some work on it, we can get in my dad's three bay (he doesn't have a lift though) as long as i'm there... of course if there's like 20 people.. that's not gonna happen lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah a thats's awsome man I live over in Pike County, Ky on the border of Williamson I'm going to Nopi Next week though on the 17 and 18. I goin to try and get the hood for the car before but I don't think it's going to happen. I got my stickers and exhaust and the emblems off the back I still havn't decide to tint the windows I like people looking at the interior. I'm interested though its not that far from where I'm at either.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
utmss said:
Yeah a thats's awsome man I live over in Pike County, Ky on the border of Williamson

if you're going to somernites we should meet up and do the fun run together on saturday morning. i think they are going from somerset to big south fork and back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts