Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put different plugs in my car(ss/sc) but before hand I need to know if there would be any point in doing so? If so what are the advantages and what is the best brand or type? PLUS WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PLUGS LOCATED?!?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I can't see you needing to put new plugs in your car assuming its still like new. The only reason you may be changing it would be to run the next heat range colder for running a smaller pulley. The plugs are locates under the silver cover on top of the engine. Its like 2" wide x 18" long. I think there are 4 torx screws holding it on. Life that off and you'll see the plugs.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would point out that for some reason, most likely tune up lifetime, GM used platinum plugs in the LSJ. EVERYTHING I read about boosted engines suggests NOT using platinum plugs. I swapped in a good old set of copper ones, and seemed to have picked up a degree or two of timing at WOT. Beyond that though, my 'pops & sputters' on decel are totally gone now. I have an Interceptor to actually monitor these settings, so I'm not completely guessing here.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea. I finally found the right bit for those screws and I took it off to see how it was under there. Seems simple enough. I guess you take the cover off and take the one bolt holding on the coil to each plug off and change plugs right? Oh and BTW if i decide to paint the coil/plug cover red, would regular red brake caliper paint work? Also I'd like to paint the ecotec supercharged cover.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yea they are NGKs....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts