Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i will be picking up my 06 SSSC tomorrow, and really can't wait. I'm hear wondering if anyone has the knowledge of how to remove the spoiler, and what it takes for there to be no bolt holes if there are...

maybe: how much this would cost, who can do it, and how...

i'm no mechanic and i would probably blow the car up even if i attempted this, so any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well I'm no mechanic either but heres an easy way to remove your spoiler:
1. Back up a truck with a hitch behind your car.
2. Tie a rope to the hitch and to your spoiler.
3. Drive both vehicles away from eachother as fast as possible.
4. Tape some construction paper that best matches your paint over any holes.

Just like that BADA-BING!!! Spoilers gone. ;) :rolleyes:

Yeah dont do that....sorry Im just VERY bored right now

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should be able to unbolt it from under the deck lid. Thats how I took the spoilers of of my previous cars. I did this to my mustang and my SRT-4

·
Registered
35 Posts
i did this on mine and be very carfull, you unbolt it from the inside yes. but it has really really sticky tape on it too. i used a bondo knife and soap and water to pry it off. it still scraped the paint some and it bent the deck lid some. all in all its not pretty but will net you 2mpg which is why i took mine off. i have 25 k on my car now so the carbon deck lid is almost paid for just from gas savings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sdunkf said:
i did this on mine and be very carfull, you unbolt it from the inside yes. but it has really really sticky tape on it too. i used a bondo knife and soap and water to pry it off. it still scraped the paint some and it bent the deck lid some. all in all its not pretty but will net you 2mpg which is why i took mine off. i have 25 k on my car now so the carbon deck lid is almost paid for just from gas savings.
My SRT deck was bent from DCM tightening it down too much.

What about the hair dryer or fishing line trick?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Fishing line + adhesive remover, but I wouldn't worry about scratching it or putting small dents because you should weld up the holes and repaint it if you are serious about pulling her off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts