Cobalts SS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PCV leak?/SRT-4 owner with a question

Just a quick question for you guys/gals.

Has anyone checked the PCV valve to see if it leaks? I searched but couldn't find any info.

SRT-4 owners have been installing check valves (one way valves) off the intake manifold. Doesn't interfere with the function of PCV in vacuum, but closes under positive pressure (boost). Turns out our stock PCV valve leaks under boost. Some have reported as much as 1.5-2 psi gain.

Just thought I'd drop it out there and see where it goes.

Rock on!!

Edit: Changed title slightly. Trying to show I'm not here to start $hit.

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah I have one on mine, in between the pcv flowing towards the intake, after the catch can, but SRT only questions might want to be posted on srtforums or off-topic, we don't want to completely start hijacking the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mm_omega2 said:
yeah I have one on mine, in between the pcv flowing towards the intake, after the catch can, but SRT only questions might want to be posted on srtforums or off-topic, we don't want to completely start hijacking the forums.
I'm not trying to hijack with SRT only questions. I was hoping to pass along some info to the Cobalt guys. Perhaps they could benefit from this mod as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That brings up an interesting question for us SRT-4 owners who don't know that much about CSS/SC cars YET....what kind of PCV system (if any?) are you guys running?
I know a supercharger is different in design from turbos, but isn't the execution still pretty much the same?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts