Cobalts SS banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

My first post here and I'm a veteran of the SRT Forums and I just wanted to come in here and recognize the Cobalt, Redline, and the SRT4. We are raising the Anie in this market and as you all know, we're now setting the stage.

I'm an owner of a 04 SRT-4 and have turned this Neon based SRT4 into a fire breathing animal. As far as I'm considered, I'm well known and have one of the most venerable street built SRTs in the nation. After more than a year and a half, I have invested more than $32,000 in the car in mods on top of the $22,000 price tag. Just recently I invested $10,000 in performance mods. I have a fully race built engine to include a turbo upgrade to the Garrett GT30/40r DBB turbo and am in the process of tuning it and getting it ready for the National SRT meet in Louisiana in hopes of a possible sponsorship. If all goes well, I'm hoping to see low 11s to high 10s with a good tune and traction, it's very possible.

Now, why I'm here is because I see alot of who's better than who and the SRT is just a Neon and the SVT Focus is just a focus and so on and so forth. Well, it's tiresome to see and I think that we should pull together and show the Jap owners that we mean business. I love some of the foreign stuff, but I like my money going to where it belongs, "America"

I think the Cobalt and the Redline are going to have alot of aftermarket options raising the bar even further. Great, I also know that you guys, our guys, and the redline guys are going to meet and strut our stuff against each other. That's great. That's the American way. That's what makes us so great. However, bashing on American cars that have a previous status and there looks is going to get us no where. So with that said, lets pull together and support these great cars and going away happy if we win or loose against each other.

I'd rather bash on a honda or a DSM, or EVO, or Suburu anyday than I would on the American car owner. Which oh by the way I do on a daily basis. I lay some serious smack to even the V8 owners to incluse alot of Vettes, Camaros, and Trans Ams owners, but I always give praise and strike up friendly conversation. Because of my age (37) I usually get great responses, especialy at the track. Make a good impression without being cocky and you will gain respect. I get it all the time. That's because I'm user friendly and keep my opinions in check.

So let's be a team and support our great American automobiles. Here is a list of my performance mods for your viewing pleasure. Yours sincerely Super Steve. ;)

Stage 2
AGP GT30/40r DBB
Greddy EO-1
Greddy Emanage
RC750cc Injectors
Innovate LM-1
Stage IV P&P Head
Crane .0016 Cams
Crank Scraper/Windage Tray
Fidanza Gears
Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Rage Traction Kit
DSS Stage IIIs
Lorenzo TB/FR
Water Injection
Spearco IC
NX IC Sprayer
ATP UP W/RFL BOV
MPX 3" EXT
MSD CP/DIS-2
Clutchmasters Stage IV
Stage I Brake kit

"[email protected]@18lbs untuned" (New Motor with 500 miles)
[email protected]/[email protected] (archive)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cav. Currently I'm in the market for a new car and will be a Cobalt to join my SRT4. Need a second car for more street orientated reliabilty. My car is reliable, but I will be racing it this season in the amatuer class at NHRA. Don't know what might break you know.

Anyway, I love the car and will be on this forum to lend assitance in modding this car as I learn. Been doing the high performance thing for 20 years now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey there Steve, nice to see you here, and good to hear that you're trying to unit us. Really, I don't have anything against any car, but as long as there is no disrespecting, I'm all game..... I'm having high hopes to see you be the first SRT to break 10's......... PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I LOVE your attitude!!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!! I can't stand it when people roast other cars just cause their different. I dont really even have a problem with imports however I would love to see the domestic market take over... :D

EDIT- and heck yeah, good luck on breakin 10's!!! Much props to my friend!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
hmmm.. nice speech

i agree with yea for the most part... except the import vs domestic.. honestly, i just love fast cars... import AND domestic.... i also have my prefernces ...

welcome to the site

if only your speech could be posted on every forum, i think the ignorant ppl you speak of may listen...

nothing else to say.... oh, get some pics of your car, we'd all love to see it :)

-ALBeRt

·
Registered
58 Posts
damn steve gonna buy a cobalt now too huh...i dont blame u though, that srt of urs probaly be lucky to see 150 miles to the tank, lol, i hope u get in the 10s...that would be sweet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, great responses. Maybe I should copy my original message and do some fellowshipping. I guess I really don't have anything against the imports, but I just love our country and we, with a long lived heritage of having the baddest ass hotrods, want to support the monstors that are being released my the US. Our cars are part of this.

KSE, I'm with you man. I just love the sport so much. I just hate all the shit talking and all. That is why I came here.

I wish you guys luck with such a great looking car. Hopefully in the next 3 months I will be driving one. It will be silver just like my SRT-4.

Here are some picture of my motor in the car and while it was getting built. I just got the car custom painted and once I return home from TDY (Military Mission), I will take professional pictures and will post them for you.

Here is the motor in the engine bay

Here is the beautifully constructed short block

Here is a close up of the Stage IV port job of the head

Here is a teflon crank scraper and special windage tray installed. Also the ends of the eagles rods. Notice the ballance marks in the crank journals.

Here you'll see micometers were used to degree in the Crane .0016 radical street/strip cams.

Here is a close up pic. Yes those are Findanza Cam gears

And now the finished product

The motor was built by Port Pros in Austin. He is so good at what he does and use to build motors for Cosworth, sprint cars, and NASCAR. He currently does all the motor work for the Vipers and Supras in the area. Well worth the $3800 in labor. 150 hours of blueprinting went into this motor. It was built to make 650hp. Thes car is truely a beast. I hope you all enjoyed these pics. Car pics coming soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Super Steve said:
Thanks Cav. Currently I'm in the market for a new car and will be a Cobalt to join my SRT4. Need a second car for more street orientated reliabilty. My car is reliable, but I will be racing it this season in the amatuer class at NHRA. Don't know what might break you know.

Anyway, I love the car and will be on this forum to lend assitance in modding this car as I learn. Been doing the high performance thing for 20 years now.
Here I thought I was bad...driveway full of vehicles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, I am an enthusiast to all cars. Especially with American, maybe I'm biased. But I love the SRTs, and the SSs, redlines.... Mustangs and vettes. Whatever it be, let's have fun! Support America!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Amen Steve. I to am a veteran of SRTForums one of the first 1k members and I to have an SRT modded to nearly 500hp, I am 38 years old. I respect the American manufacturers and the guys who drive them. I think the Cobalt, and the Redline are sharp cars and will do well in the aftermarket. I am rooting for you guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very nice, the world needs more people like you. We shouldnt be fighting with each other over who's better but trying to help each other to fight imports...the main reason i bought a Cobalt SS...which came in on good friday and boy is it a beast

Good luck with hitting high tens....i hope my car will someday too :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts