Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother got his SS last week, and i finally got a chance to get em side by side for some picture taking. Enjoy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice pics. about the srt-4 looking smaller,I don't know,certain angles maybe,I
know it's a little longer,specs wise. couple of beautiful cars though,personally
I prefer the 2 door. you guys throw down the gauntlet yet? ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
87camaroPA said:
Very nice cars and the SS looks sooooo..... nice. :)

O and nice Caddy in the back round. :p
lol, good eye.

He's close to rolling over 500 miles. Havent really "gotten on it" yet. He knows he cant touch me though, not yet. I'm mildly modded, with a full 3" exhaust coming in this week. SRT should be mid-low 13's at 105+ with what it has.

The Jetta VR6 out front is his also. He's selling that and buying the Cobalt off our dad, who is the one who actually bought it in the first place (getting a nice GMS discount from our uncle).

Cobalt needs dress-up. Those gold chevy badges need to be silver, and darkened like the wheels, and the centercaps on the wheels need to match the rest of the wheel too.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Two very lucky brothers!!!! I envy you, and yeah to me the SRT does look smaller, the SS is supposed to weigh more doesnt it??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pardon me being dumb, but do the grey wheels mean G85? Or are they all that color? I know on the redline's, the competiton package (G85 in cobalt land) gets gunmetal rims with a polished lip, i was just wondering if they did something similar to that with the cobalt performance package.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah I think they are all that shade of grey.

Hey Zenkat is that you in the reflection in the SS? First pic, second post...
(and in the reflection on the SRT too, next pic) Nice socks, LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was trying to get an angle with the reflection of one car's wheel in the bumper of the other, and yeah, i got my sock wearing self in there too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
'05 Caddy STS V8
Parents decided to splurge a little after having 4 Bonneville SSEI's in a row (94, 97, 00, 02). Caddy STS is a far far nicer vehicle in every aspect over a Bonneville.

Exhaust on the SRT is down there, exiting just over the rear suspension. I took off the tail section where it splits into 2 tips, and rolled the rear bumper up to get rid of the cutouts. My new exhaust will be single tip coming out the left side of the back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!! Bowman Chevrolet in Clarkston, MI ?!?!?!?!

I'm from Clarkston!

I'm also fairly certain that I sat in that VERY SAME car when it was in the showroom about 2 weeks ago. Was it all the way on the right, next to a C6?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All i've heard is that it was in the showroom only a day, before they came in and had them move it out of the showroom for a testdrive. Put a down payment on it same day, and picked it up last wednesday.

If thats true, then this car arrived at the dealership about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Zenkat said:
All i've heard is that it was in the showroom only a day, before they came in and had them move it out of the showroom for a testdrive. Put a down payment on it same day, and picked it up last wednesday.

If thats true, then this car arrived at the dealership about 2 weeks ago.
Hmm... let me think...

My friend works at Bowman and helped me sell my Trans Am on eBay... it was delivered to the buyer on Friday the 6th, which would mean that on Monday the 9th I went back to Bowman to finish up the paperwork. My friend told me they had that car on the showroom floor, and we went over to see it. This would have been on Monday morning, May 9. If your bro picked it up on Wednesday the 11th, that sounds like the same car! :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indeed it does. We were hoping no one would come in and offer to buy it for sticker for the few days it was sitting with a down payment on it. Relieved when it was still there on wednesday. I drove it all up and down woodward and gratiot friday night. Such a relaxing car to drive. I could listen to XM radio for hours.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I must say that the SS looks great. I am partial to the SRT being an owner and all, but that SS, especially in black, looks sweet. If I had to do it all over again, I might swing the SS way.
-Eric-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts