Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, is it just me or since you had your SS it seems like every other kid in there clapped-out, pos Civic (or any other ricer) trys to run you? its pretty bad around here. i get way more ppl try to step to me in the SS than the WS6. its been pretty ridiculous so far, since i've had the car. just the other day i was in traffic on the interstate. we were moving, but very slowly. i was in it for over 30mins and some kid in an Ion (not the redline) w/ a huge exhaust etc was revvin his engine at me and when there would be a gap with the car ahead of him, he was slammin the gas and gettin on the brakes like crazy. i was just watching him like; "is this kid serious?' i just dont get it..lol. i mean i know the SS is a respectable car but i wonder if ppl try to race all the time cause they think they can beat it or cause they just hope they can so they can brag to their friends about how their base model cavi w/ double-decker wing took down a S/C cobalt..lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have 2.4 cobalt

i know what you meen man. round my town im pretty much the fastest car. cuz there really isnt anyone that has a good car. sept i found this one sc cobalt where this guy works but he would smoke me. but anyways i have just the 2.4 and i just put some neons on it working on full exhaust and cai and maybe some other things im trying to keep the car as stock as i can and not void my warrenty why because i like the design and i love my car. but my town sucks in ohio im 5 miles from lake erie and 25 miles west of cleveland. well i guess thats all for now later man.

ryman.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wish I had your problem. I can drive around for hours all around town on a friday or saturday night and not one person will challange me. Its kinda fun once and while to have a little race but I dont even get that. Mind you, you get like the fireing squad and a crushed car for street racing where I live. All the 'ricers' seem to just be into looks and huge subs, not that I expect them to do performance mods but they don't even seem to go over the speed limit. Something is wrong with my city for sure.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds like you city just doesnt have that many idiots willing to hurt someone with excessive speeding/racing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like you city just doesnt have that many idiots willing to hurt someone with excessive speeding/racing.
Exactly

But hey, it's cool to put other people who have no idea what's going on and no desire to participate in danger right? Yeah

·
Registered
87 Posts
Exactly

But hey, it's cool to put other people who have no idea what's going on and no desire to participate in danger right? Yeah
Exactly, racing is dangerous and foolish, we should all drive a Toyota Prius and go from work to home and nothing else. Also no driving is aloud on sunday unless you go to church and you must car pool or face fines because remember, true freedom is anarchy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Exactly, racing is dangerous and foolish, we should all drive a Toyota Prius and go from work to home and nothing else. Also no driving is aloud on sunday unless you go to church and you must car pool or face fines because remember, true freedom is anarchy.
Awwww, the little moron's taking potshots at me... how cute

Tracks are there for a reason, I take it by the "all around town" you're pretty much up for racing 'em where ya find 'em. Great way to get mad propz from 14 year olds I guess... shitty way to kill somebody

·
Registered
87 Posts
"Awwww, the little moron's taking potshots at me... how cute"

I'm not taking potshots at anyone, street racing is illegal and can be dangerous but it can also be safe if you find the right place with no people and no other cars. Some people don't have tracks to go to. Some people are stupid and race in highly populated areas, go through red lights, break traffic laws. I mean do you even check out the SS vs section, full of street race videos. I've only raced one person and there was no cars or people around for miles just me and him in the middle of nowhere, but if thats danagerous and stupid to you then I say you think in black and white. Unlike most of the world I don't think in black and white, right and wrong, yes and no. My comment was just to give the extream opposite view of the street racers as a joke. I'm sorry you couldn't handle it without 'taking pot shots' at me by calling me a "little moron". So if you're gonna call people names like a "14 year old" then I won't bother to reply anymore. And what the hell is "mad propz" some teenage slang??

·
Registered
482 Posts
I only race under the same conditions... And yes, even though I have a 2.2, every Civic is gunning his engine thinking an intake and exhaust is all he needs to wipe the floor with me... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
231 Posts
So in all of your driving around town (presumably in populated areas, since that's where cars are), if you were to find someone willing to take the challenge you would insist on making your way out to the city limits, perhaps an industrial park area... when really, the ricer at the stoplight is revving and ready to go?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have that problem. Only had two guys ever try to get me to race in the six months I've had my car. I didn't race and I never will.

·
Registered
87 Posts
"So in all of your driving around town (presumably in populated areas, since that's where cars are), if you were to find someone willing to take the challenge you would insist on making your way out to the city limits, perhaps an industrial park area... when really, the ricer at the stoplight is revving and ready to go?"

Well my car only goes 70-80mph max because of the gears and yes if someone really wants to race me they will go somewhere safe if not they can bugger off. When I mean town I don't mean downtown with stop lights every block and people walking around, rual roads that go on for mile or two before next light or intersection. There is no point in having a performance car unless you use it. People have been racing cars on tracks and streets since well before the 60s. Its all dangerous from a certain point of view. You telling me you bought a performance car just so you could go to the track and and spend 15 seconds on a run? Anyways this is pointless conversation at this point.

·
Registered
231 Posts
15?? 13.6, or 8.1.... depends which car ;)

How is it you top out at 80mph? I'm assuming you have a cobalt, but I guess I could see that in the A body if you were running well, even taller than 4.30's

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Well my car only goes 70-80mph max because of the gears...

Im assuming that you are running a th350 trans right? Even with 4.10 gears you should be able to top out beyond 90mph. My camaro (with all due respects) was running 110 in third down my backroad. And I still had OD to go into. (700-R4)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I hardly ever go downtown... I work during the day, morning time I don't bother at all... so the only time I get on the gas is on the freeway, or on a long stretch of road between about 12-4am. Little to no traffic... I come from a long line of street racers and haven't done anything as blod as them... in the 80's my uncle used to smear mud on his liscense plate so if the cops showed up at his location he'd kill the lights and duck out...

·
Registered
169 Posts
iv had my ss/sc for 3 days now and iv had 2 mustang gt's 1 mazda 6 and a honda civic si try to race me. i had to decline bc i need to break my engine in a lil bit only 350miles on it

·
Registered
87 Posts
TH-350, 4.11 gears, wheel size, horrible Torque Convertor slip and low redline = slow top speed, saving for a 5 speed manual, could get a T-5 but it would probably break under the power of the V8. Might not mean anything to cobalt people but if you know older cars you understand. I probably could go up to 95mph but I'm not fond of the smell of burning oil.

·
Registered
482 Posts
iv had my ss/sc for 3 days now and iv had 2 mustang gt's 1 mazda 6 and a honda civic si try to race me. i had to decline bc i need to break my engine in a lil bit only 350miles on it
Don't waste your time on the Mazda 6 (unless Maxdaspeed 6). My 2.2 already took one out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts