Cobalts SS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My friend just got a brand new blue Cobalt SS and we're headed to the track tonight. He's a little bit younger than me (17) and I'm trying to help him get a better idea of how to launch it besides popping the clutch. What do you guys do to get these cars off the line quick?

Btw- I drove the car around for a little while and it suprised me. I was skeptical at first, I'm not gonna lie.

·
Registered
509 Posts
LS1 Eddie said:
Hey guys,

My friend just got a brand new blue Cobalt SS and we're headed to the track tonight. He's a little bit younger than me (17) and I'm trying to help him get a better idea of how to launch it besides popping the clutch. What do you guys do to get these cars off the line quick?

Btw- I drove the car around for a little while and it suprised me. I was skeptical at first, I'm not gonna lie.

This is going to be quite a break-in

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Already takin it to the track??? Im with sxt, Id give it some time, let him et used to the car... or he aint gonna do nothin but spiiiiiinnnn! :eek: And hop the wheels, or worse stall it, that would emarass him to no end!! :eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yea, don't let the youngster go to the track yet. Everytime another SS looks stupid on the track, the less cred we get.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Wow. The only way to launch good is to practice!

And I say let him take it to the track w/o breaking it in first!!!

I hope he fucks it up and gets mommy and daddy real mad!!!!!! ahhaahahah

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont have a cobalt I would think that launching would be like launching any high hp FWD stick car. Air down the front tires to about 20psi. Feather the clutch as opposed to popping the clutch to keep the rpms up as opposed to bogging down. I'd start at 2000rpm and work my way up in 500rpm increments until you get good 60 fts.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
KSE said:
Wow. The only way to launch good is to practice!

And I say let him take it to the track w/o breaking it in first!!!

I hope he fucks it up and gets mommy and daddy real mad!!!!!! ahhaahahah
For every person that says, "don't go over 4000rpms, till after 1500mi." there is another that says, "break it in how you are going to drive it". Both sides have there points and counterpoints. I believe in the latter, if you are going to drag race your car a lot, always redlineing and always driving hard then break it in that way. One thing though don't expect good times if you are going before the motor is broken in, either way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.