Cobalts SS banner

SS Options

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  87camaroPA 
#1 ·
I just went and confirmed the options I put on my Cobalt SS. There are only a select few options to choose from. Recario seats and the limited slip Deff. arent two of them. My dealerships, Thorobred chevrolet, updated there inventory computers the 28, of Jan. The option seizes to exsist still in there records. So the options of the interior is leather with which ever color inserts you choose, and the standard 5spd manual trans. From what they tell me, "you cant have a LSD on a manual" but they magazines that I have read say that have tested the cars with these two options, they also say it is an option and they like. I have my guy at the dealership working on more information about this. The ordering window to start "pre-ordering" is Feb 15th or so, JTLYK.

#4 ·
Chevy is messing up

That's such bad organization and planning...gm/chevy should have had everything planned and ready by now. They said it would be ready by early 2005 and it's febuary and it isnt supposed to come out til april, they are just killing their business... no brownie points for chevy.... :mad:

#5 ·
TheSolid1 said:
That's such bad organization and planning...gm/chevy should have had everything planned and ready by now. They said it would be ready by early 2005 and it's febuary and it isnt supposed to come out til april, they are just killing their business... no brownie points for chevy.... :mad:
Where did you hear april? The coupes are already in dealerships (I drove one) and the SS, are starting production really soon.

#8 ·
syclone454 said:
what was the MSRP on that thing?
In Canada it is $26095 after tax, frieght, etc. In USA I think it is $21000 roughly

And the email you got I think is just GM covering thier ass so if it is late or delayed, you won't get mad at them. I spoke to my friend/salesman again today and he talk to the head of distribution. The orders went into the plant today and production starts soon. GM Canada has told its dealerships that the SS will be in shorooms shortly after the Toronto International Autoshow which starts in 2 weeks. I think mid March-late March they will start to show up. I don't think GM would be spending money on a huge ad campaign for a vehicle it doesn't plan to release for over a half year yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.