Cobalts SS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, as i was backing out from home, the the little plastic piece that shows where the gears are, unlatched from the front :( . Instantly took it to the dealer for the plastic piece, along with the driver's side sideskirt/moulding? (im new) popping out a little, and the passenger door leather not fitting. Later I backed out of my friends house and the whole plastic thing fell off :mad: I have an appointment at the local dealer at 12:30 tomorrow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
JamesBrown said:
Today, as i was backing out from home, the the little plastic piece that shows where the gears are, unlatched from the front :( . Instantly took it to the dealer for the plastic piece, along with the driver's side sideskirt/moulding? (im new) popping out a little, and the passenger door leather not fitting. Later I backed out of my friends house and the whole plastic thing fell off :mad: I have an appointment at the local dealer at 12:30 tomorrow.
Well you're not the first who's had the gear insert fall off...but I'm yet to hear of anyone have the entire knob fall off...hopefully it doesn't happen again once you get 'er fixed :). A friend of mine with a Redline actually had the knob snap off while he was shifting hard into second...needless to say it ended up somewhere in the backseat and he cut his hand all to hell because of how it broke off...at least it happened to you when you were backing out!

Permafried-

·
Registered
492 Posts
Agreed with Permafried. The little piece that shows the gears comes off qutie easily, but is nothing big to worry about. As for the whole knob coming off, it's very likely and has happened before. So that wouldn't surprise me. Just slam it back on (it's press on). I put a rag over it, and hammered it back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts