Cobalts SS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milage: 1120

I have a friend with a brand new 05 Srt-4 ACR. I don't normally street race but we went out to a closed road in the middle of nowhere very late at night; no traffic, no pedestrians, no nothing. The Cobalt SS is my first manual car so I really have no idea how to "launch" my car or anything so this is how it went.

From a roll: he was in second and I was in third (my non-stick knowledge) so after 3 beeps he was about a car length ahead of me up until around 100.

From a stop: We both spun through first and then we were neck in neck for a little bit then he slowly pulled ahead. :)

I can't wait until I learn my SS's sweet spots and how to drive it well.
Srt-4's are great cars, no doubt that they are faster than our cars. :cool:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sounds good, its nice to have a real post about an ss vs. an srt4 instead of all this hear say. but repost when you get better at stick so it can be even

·
Registered
79 Posts
You did an awesome job being in 3rd the first race and still keeping up with the SRT in 2nd gear. awesome.

it's nice to see us getting along.

btw/ you guys both need more miles so you motors can be broken in better. :)

Nice race.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Why is this in roadracing?

htoudiee said:
btw/ you guys both need more miles so you motors can be broken in better. :)

Nice race.
Depends on the car. SRT4 has a 500 mile break-in procedure.

Nice runs. A local guy I know just bought a SS S/c. We plan on getting a stock for stock video together.

·
Registered
122 Posts
^^ that would be cool, becuase i haven't had the chance to run one yet,

i want to see just how long before the srt starts pulling away on a straight run and by how much

·
Registered
895 Posts
Don't worry. It will be a good "end all of end all debate" vid. We are going to go from a stop and a few different roll race speeds all videoed through the sticky pod. I get tired of hearing the hearsay so this will be the end all of end alls heh.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can end all debates right now. I own a Cobalt SS, have raced a couple of SRT4's and have seen them run time trials while I was. My finally conclusion, stock vs. stock the SRT4 is faster. Not by leaps and bounds but still faster. End of the discussion as far as I'm consurned!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was cruising down the street the other night and a red ss pulled up beside me. I looked over and saw what it was, but a car infront of him turned and a couple blocks later he turned off. I couldn't do anything anyway cause I had my kids with me, but I wouldn't mind running into him again sometime. I am still stock by the way. I like the way the ss looks, and want to see how the run.

·
Registered
895 Posts
SS4ME said:
I can end all debates right now. I own a Cobalt SS, have raced a couple of SRT4's and have seen them run time trials while I was. My finally conclusion, stock vs. stock the SRT4 is faster. Not by leaps and bounds but still faster. End of the discussion as far as I'm consurned!

But you know how the internet is, people will bash until they have proof.....and sometimes it doesn't matter how much proof you show them, they'll still call BS or bash heh. Gotta love the internet sometimes huh :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I must have raced about 15 different srts by now i wish i was lying but over here on long island there ever where. I've posted one vid of me racing a stock red one and i have a new one where i race three diff ones in one night. Stock red one with three people total in car and i had me plus passenger (this one was the best looking race) . yellow one with mods but he won't tell but he has a 3 inch exhaust thats the only noticable mod. Wasn't really a full race more like testing each other out but i could see his 4th was ganna walk me quickly. and a silver one that he said he has about every bolt on mod but still stock turbo don't know if hes still running stock boost but doubt it This one was a beast up top). Long story short in a street race your better off trying srt-4s from a dig and hope you just out drive the person and dig better cause from a roll the most you'll last is till the end of there 3rd gear if your lucky most cobalt people i figure will be losing mid way through an srt-4 third gear. Because our second and third gear stock for stock is much taller so while your sitting on third gear they have to shift to 4th but once they sit on 4th gear its lights out minimum two car lenghts. They just get from 80 to 120 so much faster then cobalts do. I would post the vids but we really didn't plan on filming and it really should be edited to cut out a lot of bullshit. I don't know will see.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Darksun280 said:
I must have raced about 15 different srts by now i wish i was lying but over here on long island there ever where. I've posted one vid of me racing a stock red one and i have a new one where i race three diff ones in one night. Stock red one with three people total in car and i had me plus passenger (this one was the best looking race) . yellow one with mods but he won't tell but he has a 3 inch exhaust thats the only noticable mod. Wasn't really a full race more like testing each other out but i could see his 4th was ganna walk me quickly. and a silver one that he said he has about every bolt on mod but still stock turbo don't know if hes still running stock boost but doubt it This one was a beast up top). Long story short in a street race your better off trying srt-4s from a dig and hope you just out drive the person and dig better cause from a roll the most you'll last is till the end of there 3rd gear if your lucky most cobalt people i figure will be losing mid way through an srt-4 third gear. Because our second and third gear stock for stock is much taller so while your sitting on third gear they have to shift to 4th but once they sit on 4th gear its lights out minimum two car lenghts. They just get from 80 to 120 so much faster then cobalts do. I would post the vids but we really didn't plan on filming and it really should be edited to cut out a lot of bullshit. I don't know will see.

Dayummm sounds like you've been busy heh. looking forward to your vids. Edit that bish up and post her on up :D . There aren't a lot of SS S/c vids other than that guy driving in the rain heh :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts