Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my car has 4k miles on it and my clutch went out completely. i took it to the dealership where i bought it and i was harassed that i abused my vehicle. I have owned this car for one year and it has 4k miles on it. it stays in a garage and i do not drive it. I took it to another dealership that was going to fix it but the first dealership filed a complaint to Gm that i abused it and now they wont let anyone fix it. the second dealership says that this is a common problem and that the motor is too strong for the clutch. it costs 1300 to fix it, and the parts are made to order. i cant believe i bougth this POS. Gm is going down the tubes. IF anyone else is mad abotu their clutch, contact me at [email protected]. i dont think its right we spend 20-24k on our cars and at 4k miles we gotta spend 1300 again to fix a GM known problem.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sean said:
have you abused it at all?
Okay I can tell you are skeptical of what he is talking about and you have made up you mind that he has done something wrong to cause the problem.

First what would classify as abuse?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have no clutch issues and my mod list is below. Not all of these cars were created as equals however. My opinion is that the clutches on these cars are just fine. A lot of people are driving around slipping the clutches and in turn ruining them. With that said there are factory defects in everything produced so take what I say with a grain of salt. I also will not be replacing my clutch when I get the stgd kits. To me if there werent strong enough then GM would not release the kits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
back up

1stblu to back up what i said, general motors called me today, and i talked to them about the clutches, and their customer service guy told me that they are weak clutches and there will be problems. look i dont abuse my car, and its great that yours is in good shape, dude i'd give anything to have my car running like yours, but now i just have a bad taste in my mouth now. 4k miles, i dont care how bad you are on clutch they dont go out that fast. trust me i work on cars and that isnt right, but i get what your saying and i will take it into consideration. its just crazy that my clutch costs $1300 and no one makes a high performance clutch.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well that definately sucks major ass...... What about the spec stg 2 clutch ? $1300 must be counting install.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quit resting your foot on the clutch..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont rest my foot on the clutch

i dont rest my foot on the clutch u retard. i know how to drive a stick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stage 2

well today 1stblu i am going to check on that stage 2 clutch, but i dunno if it actually exists yet, the stage 3 kit is out already my friend has it. but its not from GM. It is bad ass tho.I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
729 Posts
tube said:
Quit resting your foot on the clutch..
I dont do that and my clutch is slipping. a 1st or 2nd gear pull the clutch holds to about 3200 to 3500 rpm and then the torque gets the better of the clutch and zoom its at red line but with no thrust into the back of the seat. it sucks. I have never dragged it, dumped the clutch, and I dont speed shift it either. I plan on keeping the car long term so I treat the tranny and clutch well. It is very dissappointing.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
DT322SS said:
well today 1stblu i am going to check on that stage 2 clutch, but i dunno if it actually exists yet, the stage 3 kit is out already my friend has it. but its not from GM. It is bad ass tho.I'll keep you posted
yea, that's the intense racing stage kit. and i'm assuming your friend does not care about his warranty? i wish i could be so careless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts