Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my buddy at work has been talking all this shit about how his Mazda could whoop my ass because he has more horsepower and mine is slow, blah blah blah. He put a performance BOV and an Injen intake on it. These cars are making 275 hp stock so I'm not sure what he is currently running

So yesterday we finally raced. It really wasn't even close. We went from 30, 40, and 50. Each time I pulled on him instantly and put 2-3 cars pretty fast. I got it on video so I'm gonna try and put on youtube tonight

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14 flat? a stock SS/SC? um yah, when mine was stock, i was barely getting 15. I am a fairly descent driver too. Im at 2000ft so im sure the time would have been a little better at sea level, maybe 14.8 or 14.7, but definitely not 14.00.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am at sea-level. (-25ft. to be exact)

You figure in good track prep, good track obviously, good tires, and 91 octane with cool weather ~65 degrees will put you at 14.00 here because we also have thicker air as well. Good possibility but when Car & Driver tested the two, they both ran 14.39s (the Cobalt was 14.36 and the speed6 was 14.39) call it even stockVSstock. And that was at 85 degrees and 1k feet of elevation. (thinner air, and higher elevation causes boost loss).

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nice kill. On a good track you'll usally see low 14s out of a SS/sc. with your mods you should be in the mid to high 13s and trapping 103 or 104. Once you get the videos post a link to them on this thread.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll try again tonight to get that video on the computer because i did it with my phone and its a pain in the ass

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wanna see the vids!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying. Its my first time with this new phone. On a different note....

I raced this 350Z yesterday, 2008. I had no idea how fast those things were! We went from a dig twice, and we were even through 1st and 2nd. But he just kept pulling away from me after that. 2 cars by 90! I was like WTF! I asked him what he had done to it, and he said it was stock. Sad day=(

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah, I would have liked to race him from a roll, cuz i think it would have been close, but we kept catching lights.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Same thing that happened when I was playing with that fool and his Bullitt. Keep an eye out for those cars because Nissan has a few killers now. I might be considering getting one soon. Either a 2003 350z (then build it from there) or another 260z (and make it a project car). Or just blow my money into getting a Nissan GTR. :D

That would be soooo fun. Unfortunately, now is not the best time to buy a car because of the crunch in the economy. So that is highly unlikely.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah, those GTR's are just nasty! A little out of my price range though. Military doesn't quite pay enough.

Back when I had my Procharged T/A, I raced this guy with a twin turbo 350Z. Only car that ever gave me a good run. We were dead even.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I seen a vid of a twin-turbo 350z on youtube somewhere....

Blue with some Indian guy driving it. That car is pretty sweet and VERY good handling, which I value the most. Ive drive SO many 350z, being customer, or family or just to drive it at the dealer, and they are pretty slow stock. Its just a little slower than the Cobalt SS/SC stock (even 6 speed and the Nismo too). The Nismo claims to do 1/4s in 14 flat, but when I was stock and only had my springs, It was dead even. Maybe I got a factory freak or something because that guy was getting on the gas real good. A top of that, he had an exhaust and Intakes done to pull a little more. The only thing done to that car was suspension wise with a little more aggressive tune to the motor out the factory.

Its the same with the RX-8 as well. Mazda claims to make it run 14 flat but Ive smoked plenty in my days with my SS/SC stock. And they couldn't have tested them in better conditions than where I am because its the best here. Like I said before, dense air, low elevation and very cool weather almost all year long. Hottest it gets is 99 degrees. After that its record heat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm trying. Its my first time with this new phone. On a different note....

I raced this 350Z yesterday, 2008. I had no idea how fast those things were! We went from a dig twice, and we were even through 1st and 2nd. But he just kept pulling away from me after that. 2 cars by 90! I was like WTF! I asked him what he had done to it, and he said it was stock. Sad day=(
Yea the 370Z is no slouch. I respect the new ones even in the Goat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BTW...the Nissan GTR is the most overrated car on the market today. Ask me how I know...
And how might that be sir?
I do agree with you btw...

-Coop

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am a true ss/sc believer.
My 06 was a [email protected] stock.
Tuned now with light mods it went [email protected] end of last seaso on perelli slicks(lol).
The local speed 6 junky had his deep into the 13s @105ish....1.7/1.8 sec 60'...he had light mods as he is a Mazda tech.
they are nasty launch cars.
the new Zs are strong, look up Edmunds on Utube on the 370 vs genesis vs Mustang gt and watch the z pull away.
Does anyone know whats up with ss.net?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts