Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SS/SC Vs. 3rd-Gen Z-28

This isn't that exciting, but its my first kill that wasn't a civic or a cavalier. I was on the freeway doing about 80, and I slowly caught and passed him, he was doing prolly 70-75. I had the cruise control set and just slowly passed him. Well, I got about 5 lengths on him and I was watching him in my side mirror, because I saw him give me the look as I passed. His car seemed stock, with the addition of an exhaust system I noticed as I passed. Well, I saw him downshift and start to gain on me, passing me on the right. So I dropped it in 3rd, at 80, just as he was about even with me, but he was going faster at this point. As soon as I let out the clutch, I hit full boost started pulling hard. I caught him and got about a half a length, doing about 100 now, shifted into 4th and pulled by another half. Then I just kept walking away up until about 120-125 where I let off and let him do his loser flyby from about 3 lengths back.

Like I said, not that exciting. I have a stock SS with just an airbox mod. I beat probably one of the slowest year camaros ever, you know the heavy ones with like 240 hp. Oh well, my 3" pulley is going on soon and then i'll play some more.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just a note:

If it was a 1994-1997 it was a 275HP or 285HP LT1 which should have beat you.

Also 3400lbs isn't a heavy car. Unless you come from Honda land.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Paully's in a dream world! Everybody knows that the LT1's only made like 185hp and the ffourth gen F-bodies weighed like 3900lbs... He's in denial for driving a slow car! It's ok Paul! LOLOL jk jk!! Just givin you a hard time! You know Im an F-body fanatic!

·
Registered
40 Posts
no contest!

hate to say it guys but i roasted a ws6 with an ls1 not a lt1 i wouldnt waste my time on a 95 camaro. now grant u they're fast but from a roll at 45 it would be no contest now if the first guy that posted was stock i would have to see a video on that one. and since i grew up driving camaros i know what they are capable of. but im putting down almost 275 hp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, after seeing the pic above, I did a little research. I raced a third gen 82-92 camaro. For some reason I thought they made that body style up to 95 then switched to the last body style. So I guess as best I raced a 92 which has 205 hp even with the 305 and weighs 3300+ lbs. So that is why I beat him so easily. Sorry for the mix up. I guess my title should have read that I raced a mid 80's, or early 90's camaro.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
Actually, after seeing the pic above, I did a little research. I raced a third gen 82-92 camaro. For some reason I thought they made that body style up to 95 then switched to the last body style. So I guess as best I raced a 92 which has 205 hp even with the 305 and weighs 3300+ lbs. So that is why I beat him so easily. Sorry for the mix up. I guess my title should have read that I raced a mid 80's, or early 90's camaro.
'92 Camaros also came offered with a 350, which put out 245 HP/345 lb.-ft. The 1LE Z28s were beasts in their day. Just a little FYI. ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
hate to say it guys but i roasted a ws6 with an ls1 not a lt1 i wouldnt waste my time on a 95 camaro. now grant u they're fast but from a roll at 45 it would be no contest now if the first guy that posted was stock i would have to see a video on that one. and since i grew up driving camaros i know what they are capable of. but im putting down almost 275 hp.
But mine is not stock. :D :p

I should be close to 290hp or more i need to get it dyno'ed before i do anything major.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
It would have to be a 305 if the car was a manual they all came with 305's the 350's were only with auto's..... Just some more info for you on the 3rd Gen Camaro's. The 4th gens had two body style's mine and the other style with the LS1's. both were considered 4th gen's.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
It would have to be a 305 if the car was a manual they all came with 305's the 350's were only with auto's..... Just some more info for you on the 3rd Gen Camaro's. The 4th gens had two body style's mine and the other style with the LS1's. both were considered 4th gen's.
That would be correct. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had a 1986 IROC 305TPI and a 1990 IROC 305TPI G92 at the same time my buddy had a 1990 IROC 350TPI.

My 1986 ran a best time of 14.9 and my 1990 ran a best of 14.6. Andy's 350TPI ran a best of 14.3 in 100% stock form on BFG Comp T/A tires. Although none of them seen trap speeds better than high 90's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts