Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a hard one to figure out since you don't see many SSRs around. Thing is the old man just got an SSR and got me wondering how it would do against a balt. The SSR is being pushed by a 6.0L LS2 V8 w/ an auto tranny. What do you think the balt will need if anything to take the old man's new toy down? I'll try and take pops to the track to find out. of course I'll get some video.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i would think they would kill us pretty bad they would have to be comparable to ls1 camaros and trans am right.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah my pops got an ssr but 6 speed with the 6.0. I wounderd how I would do. I dont know if he would race me. Ill try to get him to.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
This might be a hard one to figure out since you don't see many SSRs around. Thing is the old man just got an SSR and got me wondering how it would do against a balt. The SSR is being pushed by a 6.0L LS2 V8 w/ an auto tranny. What do you think the balt will need if anything to take the old man's new toy down? I'll try and take pops to the track to find out. of course I'll get some video.

the SSR is a heavy heavy machine, and slowed down by the torque management of the auto tranny... However in El Paso the LS2 should make strong power....

I think its a pretty even match-up....

The key to winning at the track will be to hole shot the SSR at the tree, run a solid 60ft and beat it in the 1/8, as the LS2 should come on strong on the top end of the track.

·
Registered
784 Posts
the SSR is a heavy heavy machine, and slowed down by the torque management of the auto tranny... However in El Paso the LS2 should make strong power....

I think its a pretty even match-up....

The key to winning at the track will be to hole shot the SSR at the tree, run a solid 60ft and beat it in the 1/8, as the LS2 should come on strong on the top end of the track.
that seems backwards to me but Im sure you are right. but in logic you would think that the ssr would have the bottom end when just at the end we would pass it in the 1/4

·
Registered
109 Posts
i played around with a LS2 SSR on the highway in my ws6. he came flyin past me and i pulled into the right lane and tried chasin him down. i caught him pretty quick and then we just blasted around for alittle bit. the truck was pretty impressive. i reeled him in somewhat easily but i'm not stock. i dont think i wouldve had anything for him had i been in my SS/sc though.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
There are 3 guys at my work that have ssr's. I know that 2 are ls2 and I don't know about the 3rd. I did get to ride in the with my boss driving. He got on it pretty hard initially. If his was an LS2 then listen to what LittleMT says. If it wasn't then that explains iso's statement. The thing was a pig. It took forever to act like it had power.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ya my friend works at a chevy dealer and test drove one. he said it wasnt too impresive also. i dunno. it seemed pretty fast when i was messin around with that one on the highway. i think itd give the SS some trouble

·
Registered
550 Posts
eh i dont know about 12s but maybe 13s, so what are youstill down for this sunday?

·
Registered
550 Posts
i dont know anymore his car isnt performing well with that down pipe the fastest he ran on fri was 14.6 still not bad but im pretty sure once we figure out what the problem is ithink hell be running consistent 14s or high 13s

·
Registered
91 Posts
ahh, the beauty of torque management. done the same thing in my TBSS. stock felt like it took it forever to get going (about 2800ish rpm it would come to life). if you stalled it around 1500-1800 it would help significantly, but wouldn't totally make up for the TM. after i got it tuned from a dead stop and just punching it it acts alot better. but stalling it at about 1000 and then letting off the brake and hitting gas it will bark the tires (awd too) and take off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts