1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not just any stang it was the shelby gt500
it tore me up
but it was cool as hell
we were cruising about 100 and he just passed me like i was standing there lol............
that thing is soooooo sweet
anyone else raced one?
or at least tried

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how is it cool huh

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
gt rustang.... why not just spend the ame amount for a Z06 and own everybody.

·
Registered
91 Posts
gt rustang.... why not just spend the ame amount for a Z06 and own everybody.
because the GT500 is about $30,000 cheaper than the Z06, and that's just sticker price. when you add the dealer mark up you can bump that difference up to about $40-45,000

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Gt500 runs about 50,000 base price, and a zo6 is about 60,000+ so, i dont see that $30,000 difference. Must be a different msrp where your from, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I know car and driver did a test with a base c6 and a roush stage 3 and the vette still beat the roush. price 50,000=vette 57,000=roush So why pay more, and have the downtime to install all the shit, just to be second to a known supercar?

·
Registered
91 Posts
went from motor trend test. and used price as tested, because do you think you're going to find very many Z06s that are base models with no options?? i think the GT is pretty much optioned out and there aren't many options. (like the yukon denali) if you want to go with base price the GT:43 and the Z06:66. so there's a 23,000 difference. their price as tested is GT: 43,170 and the Z06:71,485. with the price as tested prices the difference comes out to $28,315.

and then i said that the Z06s are having more tacked on from the dealers that are getting them because you have a car that is limited production and everyone and their brother wants one. supply and demand

·
Registered
415 Posts
went from motor trend test. and used price as tested, because do you think you're going to find very many Z06s that are base models with no options?? i think the GT is pretty much optioned out and there aren't many options. (like the yukon denali) if you want to go with base price the GT:43 and the Z06:66. so there's a 23,000 difference. their price as tested is GT: 43,170 and the Z06:71,485. with the price as tested prices the difference comes out to $28,315.

and then i said that the Z06s are having more tacked on from the dealers that are getting them because you have a car that is limited production and everyone and their brother wants one. supply and demand
Not every dealer marks up the Z06's. Very few around here do any mark up. In fact the dealer I used to sell for sold them just above invoice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the z06 isnt limited production. there will be less gt500's made than there will be z06s.

are there 3 Z06s sitting at every chevy dealer just like the regular C6 vette's? i didnt mean there was going to be a limited number to them, but the supply isn't keeping up with the demand. i've seen just as many gt500s around here as i have z06s

·
Registered
81 Posts
we usually have atleast 3 sitting at the dealership i work at. granted not every dealership is as large of volume as the one i work at, but most of them have about 2.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about ss/sc cobalts
how many do the dealers usually keep in stock

·
Registered
91 Posts
we usually have atleast 3 sitting at the dealership i work at. granted not every dealership is as large of volume as the one i work at, but most of them have about 2.
2 Z06s or 2 C6 vettes? the C6 i can believe, but most chevy dealers dont have that many Z06s. alot of dealers are only going to have maybe 1 vette in inventory

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yah the z06 is in short supply in this part of florida. You have to know somebody pretty high up the gm pole to get your hands on one.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Depends on where you live, the dealer ect..when the Z06's first hit they had about 20K in dealer mark-up. Now I see some marked up like that and some just a little above MSRP, but that's in Denver.

I also see mark-up on the GT500's

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ran an 95 5.slow

I was on my way to work and this 95 5.0 with header exhuast and intake traded running me and I pulled the hell out of him he was pissed

·
Registered
91 Posts
i'm not saying that there aren't dealers that have that kind of inventory, but when you take a look at EVERY chevy dealer across the country there might be 1 in every 35 dealers with that many vettes sitting on the lot, and 99% of those particular dealers are going to be in the bigger cities.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts