Cobalts SS banner

ss/sc vs stang

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Sean 
#1 ·
not just any stang it was the shelby gt500
it tore me up
but it was cool as hell
we were cruising about 100 and he just passed me like i was standing there lol............
that thing is soooooo sweet
anyone else raced one?
or at least tried

#3 ·
how is it cool huh

#4 ·
gt rustang.... why not just spend the ame amount for a Z06 and own everybody.

#6 ·
Gt500 runs about 50,000 base price, and a zo6 is about 60,000+ so, i dont see that $30,000 difference. Must be a different msrp where your from, but i could be wrong

#7 ·
I know car and driver did a test with a base c6 and a roush stage 3 and the vette still beat the roush. price 50,000=vette 57,000=roush So why pay more, and have the downtime to install all the shit, just to be second to a known supercar?

#9 ·
went from motor trend test. and used price as tested, because do you think you're going to find very many Z06s that are base models with no options?? i think the GT is pretty much optioned out and there aren't many options. (like the yukon denali) if you want to go with base price the GT:43 and the Z06:66. so there's a 23,000 difference. their price as tested is GT: 43,170 and the Z06:71,485. with the price as tested prices the difference comes out to $28,315.

and then i said that the Z06s are having more tacked on from the dealers that are getting them because you have a car that is limited production and everyone and their brother wants one. supply and demand

#12 ·
are there 3 Z06s sitting at every chevy dealer just like the regular C6 vette's? i didnt mean there was going to be a limited number to them, but the supply isn't keeping up with the demand. i've seen just as many gt500s around here as i have z06s

#14 ·
what about ss/sc cobalts
how many do the dealers usually keep in stock

#17 ·
Depends on where you live, the dealer ect..when the Z06's first hit they had about 20K in dealer mark-up. Now I see some marked up like that and some just a little above MSRP, but that's in Denver.

I also see mark-up on the GT500's

#20 ·
i'm not saying that there aren't dealers that have that kind of inventory, but when you take a look at EVERY chevy dealer across the country there might be 1 in every 35 dealers with that many vettes sitting on the lot, and 99% of those particular dealers are going to be in the bigger cities.

#21 ·
yeah no doubt. i'm really suprised that we have the iventory of corvettes that we do, but then a lot of our customer base is from rich suburbs of kansas.

as for the cobalts in stock. let me put it this way. we have 3 cars of every color with different option levels (except corvettes) we have atleast one of every color cobalt ss supercharged on the lot, except orange, cause i bought that one the day it came on the lot :D i think the only thing thats not usually on the lot is trucks and tahoes, cause they sell fast.

#22 ·
You guys must live in some very large places. The dealer I bought my car from only has 2 SS/SC's at the most at any given time. Right now they only have 1. The most I've ever seen is 3 or 4 at any one dealership out here. I have yet to see a Z06 anywhere in Utah. I've seen plenty of c6's though. My dealership has 3 in its showroom. One is convertible. I have only seen the new z06's 3 times. Once at a car show, once in Denver, CO, and a truck full of them back in July in Little America, WY.

#25 ·
thats a lot of cars to sell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.