Cobalts SS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I raced my best friend in his 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsberg Edition. (1.8 L Turbo). His car has a few mods, of which I don't really know, I think he has a blow off valve, cold air intake, and exhaust, and some other stuff. I was in town visiting my parents for the weekend, because I just graduated from college recently. They live in the country and we have some long stretch of highway. We got on the highway and started out at a rolling 30mph start. I haven't raced my car that much and I'm still basically a newb, so I really screwed up and he killed me. Next, we rolled around to come back the other way and started from a dead stop. This time, I damn near killed it from the dead stop, but I caught him in 2nd and blasted him in 3rd. No turning back. Again on the third time, we did a 20mph rolling start and I killed him once again. It really seemed like we were even, or him even being a bit ahead of me in 1st and 2nd, but 3rd gear is where it gets its Juevo's and it just completely openes up and tears him a new one.

Like i said, I'm still a newb at the racing and It could be the driver, but I'm not sure why he was pulling away in 2nd but I killed him in 3rd every time. I will post some pics of my car and both of our cars together tomorrow when I get back home.
Just so everyone knows, this was a sunday afternoon, and there was little to no traffic on the highway. I don't condone street racing on the residential streets and areas of heavy traffic. So I'm not one of those dangerous punk ass hot rod kids. :)
I Apologize for such a crappy written post, but I just wanted to share.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice runs. Next time you decide to do this, try going from a 40 mph roll with you in second gear. That should put you at about 4K RPMs and from there you should kill him worse than you've seen. When we race from that point, we are pretty damn strong. Just be prepared to hit 3rd gear pretty quick ;) .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts