Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey!! was at the races last night and this guy had a s 2000 convertible.he's only around 18!!!anyway he's buddy comes up to me and says he wants to try me.I was'nt sure what the s2000 could do but I said the hell with it i'll try you.anyway to make things short we raced 3 times and i beat him twice.0nce by a car lenght and once by a little more.I think they are overrated at 13.9.anyway it was fun to see his face drop beacause he was so sure he would have killed me !!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bah! An M1A1 tank without the turret would kill both cars from a dig.

·
Registered
261 Posts
iball said:

Especially in the sand.

I don't get to play with any cool vehicles, I think the Marine Corps only owns like 4 or 5 M1A1s and they stick us in "armored" Humvees. :mad:

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
iball said:
Nice, but if he slaps a supercharger kit on it, he'll kill you.

Hey, quit bringing the 'if' mod........

'If' Dallas would have won the Superbowl...
'If' the Chicago Bulls would have won it all...
'If' you had a fast car.....
'If' you were rich..
'If'........

·
Registered
261 Posts
^^By the way Dallas has won several Superbowls along with the Bulls winning it all 6 times. Maybe next time replace with teams like the Philly Eagles and the Indiana Pacers! ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
i saw a video of a 2000 with a blower on streetfire.net..it wasn't that impressive.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
really you beat an s2k? that is a little surprising, those are a little bit faster than us...
but umm are you stock? and he might not have been a very good driver but yeah good job!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
iball said:

lol i was a tanker for 6 years in the army on a1's, a1 deltas and a2's in the end... although the tanks are fast without the turrents, i'm hoping you're being sarcastic....

turret only weighs 27 tons, tank weighs 68 IIRC... the best thing the tank has going for it is the stopping distance..... nothing like watching the tank's rear end on the asphalt lift about 3 feet off the ground from braking lol.... not to mention the after effects of the TC kicking your ass for making him eat the 50 cal :D

w/o the turrent it's still running about a 27-28lb per hp.. compared to the cobalt's 14 or whatever lb per hp

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
random knowledge about the tank = it has a 4.11 rear end :D

well shit.. either that or a 4.06.. hell i can't even remember now

28 bolts hold the turbine to the transmision, 504.4 gallons of anything that is flamable in the 4 fuel cells, 2 connected into one (rear) 2 seperates in front, right front is larger cause it powers the heater, 130 i think, left front is like 108 i think.... hope that info isn't classified lol

just checked.. they consider the 2 main fuel cells in the back to be four since each side is seperated, but connected with a small pipe... if they're connected it should be the same damn tank :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sean said:
really you beat an s2k? that is a little surprising, those are a little bit faster than us...
but umm are you stock? and he might not have been a very good driver but yeah good job!
actually he was a pretty good driver even for a young guy!the only thing i have done to my car is a cai.i really dont think there as fast as what they say they are.its different from paper to pave!!!there's a nother race on the 9th so we'll try again and make sure it's not just the driver(s).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
hmmm well i know the s2k performs just about the same as the cobalt, and it costs 10k more! still i drove one and i think it is worth it. like it is a lot more fun than the cobalt. like you never really understand how great convertibles are untill you drive it,
plus since it is a two seater it is very personal too! but yeah it is really nice, and the way the clutch and shifter work together is really to die for!! it really makes the cobalt shifts feel like a bad bad handjob (wait that actually doesn't make sense, because you wouldn't be giving the handjob) but you know what i mean. plus you cant argue with 9grand shifts!!!

but yeah i loved that car, and i drove a 2000(the first year it came out) and it was great. it made me really respect v-tec.
ok well i was just letting everyone know that the s2k isn't a POS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sean said:
plus you cant argue with 9grand shifts!!!

I can when you have to wrap it around that high just to get power out of it. :D Nice car not worth the money though. And before you think I'm tryin to bash it I'm not. I like the car for what it's worth but it aint all that.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i dunno, i think you should just try driving one, i know this sounds lame, but you just feel like a movie star, everyone looks at you and it just feels awesome.
I woulda got one of those but the insurance would suck
i just wish everyone could drive it
sport compact < sports car

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sean said:
i dunno, i think you should just try driving one, i know this sounds lame, but you just feel like a movie star, everyone looks at you and it just feels awesome.
I woulda got one of those but the insurance would suck
i just wish everyone could drive it
sport compact < sports car
i would have a hard time spending that much money on a honda, let alone one that i barely even fit in

if i did get one, first thing i would do is swap in a sr20det

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Antyoo said:
i would have a hard time spending that much money on a honda, let alone one that i barely even fit in

if i did get one, first thing i would do is swap in a sr20det
Why would you put a nissan motor in it??? :confused:

And Sean it out performs the Cobalt in everyway. :confused:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Actually, that's around 68 tons for a fully-loaded-for-combat tank. That's why the number 68 is in a little circle painted on the tank. With the turrent off, subtact the 27 tons from the total weight.
I was originally on the old M1A1s, then we picked up our new heavies off the train in El Paso. I put 2,226 miles on that ONE tank in a 3.5 year period. THat's how much you train when White Sands Missle Range is your backyard.
Get ready 1 AD people...you're going to be in the sand both on deployments AND when you get home starting in 2008.

·
Registered
74 Posts
wasey13 said:
Why would you put a nissan motor in it??? :confused:

And Sean it out performs the Cobalt in everyway. :confused:
factory turbo, can make a lot of power with out changing anything inside the motor, lots of aftermarket for the engine and no more VTEC

1 - 20 of 26 Posts