Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the last few days i have seen more and more of these cars on the road, and i've tried to get a few of them to run me. today i was driving down the freeway and i happened to run into a red one so i pulled up to it and jumped on him a couple of times to let him know i wanted to run. he rolled down his window and told me he wanted to turn around and go north so i followed him and when we got back on the freeway he said he wanted to see what my car could do as well. we agreed on a 40-100 and then a 60-whatever we could get to.

first run he honked and jumped on take off just a hair but i walked him and had about 4-5 cars on him by 100

second run he honked and jumped my by a bit again then i started walking him and when i shut down at 145 he was about 2~ seconds behind me. (i just ran into traffic and had to shut down)

he wanted to talk so we pulled off at a gas station so he could see my car, and me see his. those crossfires are very nicely designed. i would describe it as more of a luxury roadster, than a performance roadster. we traded numbers and such and said he wanted me to come over for some drinks some time.. i'm always up for some free alcohol :D

i thought those cars were faster than that but apperently not...i do have to say that i would love to have one if it was s/c or turbo'd though... very nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
selfinfliction said:
i would describe it as more of a luxury roadster, than a performance roadster.
You hit the nail on the head, the base models are slow with only 215HP, they do make an SRT version that is an actual contendor though, which is supercharged, but for 45K, you could get much better cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
That would be the SRT-6. It hauls balls.
This is how DCx does their performance levels.

Base model| high trim/performance model

Neon | SRT-4
Crossfire | SRT-6
Magnum | SRT-8
Ram truck | SRT-10 RAM
Icon car: Viper
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
selfinfliction said:
the srt6 is almost $50k for a measely 300~ hp in which case i would've bought a corvette
335hp. :D

but I do agree, for that money I would buy the 300c-srt8. oh yeah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
iball said:
That would be the SRT-6. It hauls balls.
This is how DCx does their performance levels.

Base model| high trim/performance model

Neon | SRT-4
Crossfire | SRT-6
Magnum | SRT-8
Ram truck | SRT-10 RAM
Icon car: Viper
and to add to the growing list,

300c | srt-8
charger | srt-8
viper | srt-10 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
SRT-6's 0-60 is like 5.0 seconds. They're pretty fast. I saw a whole episode on speedvision about it a looooong time ago.

I agree though. I'd take a vette over it for the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Those base crossfires are slow... All they are is an old SLK 320 ... Those things are total terds... sucky low end... marginally better up top...

Nice kill though...

I think crossfires look pretty cool... I like the SRT model... You might of had a lot harder time with one of those :)
I think its just an SLK32... I thought I remembered reading once in EVO or Autoweek or something that the SLK32 would take a stock vette no problem... something like .5sec in the quarter? Might be wrong there though..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Those base crossfires are slow... All they are is an old SLK 320 ... Those things are total terds... sucky low end... marginally better up top...

Nice kill though...

I think crossfires look pretty cool... I like the SRT model... You might of had a lot harder time with one of those :)
I think its just an SLK32... I thought I remembered reading once in EVO or Autoweek or something that the SLK32 would take a stock vette no problem... something like .5sec in the quarter? Might be wrong there though..
Supercharged
Rear-wheel dirve
Technology
6ceeds

I like it. :cool:
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 Road Test
July 23, 2005
by Rob Rothwell / American Auto Press


Chrysler Crossfire Specifications



Price Range (MSRP): $49,470 - $50,670
Body Type: 2-door convertible, unitized steel
Layout: front engine, RWD
Engine: 330-hp, 310 lb-ft, 3.2L, 18-valve, SOHC supercharged V6
Transmission: 5-spd auto with manual mode
Performance: 0 - 60 mph) 4.9 seconds
Brakes (front/rear): disc/disc, ABS
Curb Weight: 3,174 lbs
Seating Cap: 2
Cargo Volume (top up/down): 6.5 / 3.6 cu ft
Fuel Economy (city/hwy): 17 / 26 mpg)
Warranty (mo/miles): 36/36,000 comprehensive - 60/60,000 powertrain
Direct Competitors: Audi TT Roadster, BMW Z4, Mercedes-Benz SLK, Nissan 350Z Roadster, Porsche Boxster S
Web Site: www.chrysler.com


:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
yeah i like the crossfires, coolest part of the whole story is that everybody was cool after the race, ie no crap talk... oh and whats up with chrysler? no manual trannies anymore? 300c srt8, charger srt8, magnum rt?? nothin but autos... i love all those cars and might actually consider some of them if they came in manual trannies... sorry for the no-caps... one handed typin.. Im eatin some grub... sorry this might be OT but I ws just wonderin... Oh and does the Crossfire come w/ a manual tranny in any model?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
BLUBYYOU said:
Direct Competitors: Audi TT Roadster, BMW Z4, Mercedes-Benz SLK,
Now thats funny ! ITS THE SAME FREAKIN CAR !!!! almost....
All of the AMG supercharged engines are sweet... even the 6cyl...
The 8cyls are just incredible ! If I wasn't so fat an SRT6 would be awesome ! :)

I dont think they are coming with manuals (srt6.. dont know about the other srts) because they just took the benz drivetrain and through some different engine covers on .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Now thats funny ! ITS THE SAME FREAKIN CAR !!!! almost....
All of the AMG supercharged engines are sweet... even the 6cyl...
The 8cyls are just incredible ! If I wasn't so fat an SRT6 would be awesome ! :)

I dont think they are coming with manuals (srt6.. dont know about the other srts) because they just took the benz drivetrain and through some different engine covers on .
this would be summed up with the name, dailmer-chrysler.


oh, sorry, forgot the X. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
50k+2 more k = a CTS-V.....thats what i would buy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
Iball said:
That would be the SRT-6. It hauls balls.
This is how DCx does their performance levels.

Base model| high trim/performance model

Neon | SRT-4
Crossfire | SRT-6
Magnum | SRT-8
Ram truck | SRT-10 RAM
Icon car: Viper
BLUBYYOU said:
and to add to the growing list,

300c | srt-8
charger | srt-8
viper | srt-10 ;)
Also to add...

Durango | srt-8 ;) "That thing got a Hemi?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Wow. All those models with nice big-power engines. From ONE company! DCx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
iball said:
Wow. All those models with nice big-power engines. From ONE company! DCx.

All im waiting for is the Dodge Caravan SRT-6.. If Dodge makes it, i swear im gonna kill myself. Thats the last thing a soccor mom needs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
deuses300c said:
All im waiting for is the Dodge Caravan SRT-6.. If Dodge makes it, i swear im gonna kill myself. Thats the last thing a soccor mom needs.
hahaha.

yeah, that would be a little to much.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top