Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5sOuEOxC0

check this video out. my cobalt vs an evo 5mph roll race, and then coming back was from a dig. Cobalt - 1 Evo - 1 ... it's all good.

edit: oh and it's about the 3rd and 4th race into the video. then I race a GTI 1.8t later on in the video

Mods on SS: KN Typhoon CAI, Ingalls Torque Damper, Volt Muffler on stock piping.
Mods on EVO: ???

also was on a closed course

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
very cool, very original, did the industrial park let you guys use the roadway? I love the whine the SC makes on your balt, I just love that sound in general when I step on it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
gotta love that whine! My car is such a baby! lol a whiny baby! oh no. that was a bad joke, i'm off to bed, merry christmas.
wow im impressed you think i would have the same results as you if i keep the exhaust but put on a header and torque damper

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna go full now. Go full, header back!!! and yeah the torque damper makes a big difference. it's easier to launch and shifts seem way easier! Also, you have to find a close to stock EVO. that EVO would've ate me alive with just a few minor mods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i heard a blow off valve on the evo. if you do not have a ems of some sort the evos will run rich. when you vent to the atmosphere, the do that cause of where the mass air flow sense was placed on the car from the factory, but none the less nice kill on the evo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice runs. Get a stage 2 kit and get him from a dig. Watch out if you run into a MR tho.
ummm... the mr is not any faster than a regular evo. same engine and the same amount of hp. the mr just has upgraded suspension, six speed, hid's. and the vortex genarators that help the down force of the car over 100mph.

·
Registered
482 Posts
ummm... the mr is not any faster than a regular evo. same engine and the same amount of hp. the mr just has upgraded suspension, six speed, hid's. and the vortex genarators that help the down force of the car over 100mph.
ummm... yes it is. apparently you don't run evos often. If he ran an evo8 in the vid an evo 9 will have more power than it, and a MR even more. And do some research on the net and you will find stock MRs dynoing close to 300. Now I speak because I have raced stock 8s, 9s and MRs and MRs are faster. Now same power doesn't mean same times, always. Gearing is also important. And Lookie here MRs have 6 speeds.:rolleyes: Now I suggest you stop magazine racing, find a stock EVO9 and a MR, race them, then come back and tell me there was no difference.:confused: By the way MRs also come with BBS wheels and aluminum roofs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts