Cobalts SS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really didn't want to race considering my car isn't broken in yet, I have about 300 miles on it. This 2000+ Mustang GT (im thinking 03 or 04, it had the bigger scoop on it) was egging me on. He had a 5spd, I could hear him shifting, and at least some kind of aftermarket exhaust, it was loud. He would speed up, slow down, speed up constantly trying to get me to race, at one point he laughed and said "Nice wing" :rolleyes: I said fkit, dropped down to 2nd (about 40mph) got right next to him, we took off at the same time, I can't believe it, but I was walking him. Shifted to 3rd, kept on pulling away. I shut down at about 75 or so and I had about a 3 car gap.

I was real surprised I walked him like I did, and there isn't much room for driver error with a 2nd gear roll :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lol silly mustangs....
they think theyre all big with their hood scoop exhaust and v8...
but yeah it might have been the stock exhaust.
they are pretty load

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have done the same thing too.. But dont try race one in 3rd gear it seems the SS doesnt have the balls like 2nd gear does.. I have raced a SRT-4 in 3rd and it beat me by 1/2 car lengh but when we raced in 2nd gear at about (40 starting) we were side by side until we let off about 120...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Actually, both stang GT's I beat were from a 75mph, 3rd gear roll.

·
Registered
74 Posts
phxSS said:
Actually, both stang GT's I beat were from a 75mph, 3rd gear roll.
a stock mustang isnt all that fast, and intake and a catback wont do much

wait till you come up against one where the owner knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
So you pulled 3 cars from 40-75 on a car with similar performance? Thats about 3 carlengths in 4 seconds... Almost sounds like he wasn't racing... at all...

·
Registered
17 Posts
myfault said:
the 03/04 v6 mustangs also have the hood scoop.
Not really

A FEW of the 02-04 V6 Mustangs had the "Pony Package" which came w/ ugly rocker panel decal of running pony's, GT hood scoop, and a couple other useless things. The rest of those years' V6's had the reverse hood scoop from the 99-01 Cobra's.

The Pony package may have been Florida/SE only for a year or 2, and I'm not SURE when the V6's switched to the Cobra hood, but the point is, very few V6's came w/ the GT scoop.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Blainestang said:
Not really

A FEW of the 02-04 V6 Mustangs had the "Pony Package" which came w/ ugly rocker panel decal of running pony's, GT hood scoop, and a couple other useless things. The rest of those years' V6's had the reverse hood scoop from the 99-01 Cobra's.

The Pony package may have been Florida/SE only for a year or 2, and I'm not SURE when the V6's switched to the Cobra hood, but the point is, very few V6's came w/ the GT scoop.
maybe its a houston thing.
all 03/04 v6's you see here have the gay horse stickers and hood scoops

·
Registered
90 Posts
God I hate Mustangs. :) I'm not exactly a GM fan either but I've got a bit of respect for the Cobalt SS.

If it was a Mustang Cobra, it'd be a different story. But I love it when someone with a 4-cylinder and half the displacement beats a Mustang. I hope you at least slowed down to get a look at his expression. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
3 car lengths on a similar trapping car. Either he left it in 4th or it was a V6, good kill none the less.

Nobody ever listens on the Internet, they come with their own preconceptions of what is and argue with everbody elses preconceptions and then leave with their preconceptions.

·
Banned
10 Posts
ok lets get thiis straight. I have a 02 GT 5 peed with a few mods. 3.73 rear end cold air kit 75 shot witch makes it about 335 hp (w/o nos 260) And dont get me wrong the SS Colbalt is fresh and hope to get one real soon. best run with the nitrous was 12.9 @ 108.4 mph. But some dope with a blue ss around town keeps f***ing with me and gets his ass kicked every time without the NOS. A SS cant beat an A stock 99-04 Mustang GT anything before oh yea!! except Cobras

·
Registered
76 Posts
Theorem said:
ok lets get thiis straight. I have a 02 GT 5 peed with a few mods. 3.73 rear end cold air kit 75 shot witch makes it about 335 hp (w/o nos 260) And dont get me wrong the SS Colbalt is fresh and hope to get one real soon. best run with the nitrous was 12.9 @ 108.4 mph. But some dope with a blue ss around town keeps f***ing with me and gets his ass kicked every time without the NOS. A SS cant beat an A stock 99-04 Mustang GT anything before oh yea!! except Cobras
your a fucking idiot.. ive beet one by probably a quarter car lenth up to 100 (which we can assume is a little more than a quater mile) from a dig and he had an 04 4.6L V8 with i/e/h.. and he was good with his shifts..

·
Banned
98 Posts
PaulSS said:
your a fucking idiot.. ive beet one by probably a quarter car lenth up to 100 (which we can assume is a little more than a quater mile) from a dig and he had an 04 4.6L V8 with i/e/h.. and he was good with his shifts..
in case you dont know (which obviously you dont)
99-04 gt's run high 13's - low 14's bone stock

·
Registered
76 Posts
then i guess im running high 13's.. where did you get that number?.. and just to let you know.. i beat him.. and it was a 4.6L.. and he did have money under the hood.. gave me props as well..

for all of you anal fucks.. i was joking about the 13

·
Registered
17 Posts
PaulSS said:
then i guess im running high 13's.. where did you get that number?.. and just to let you know.. i beat him.. and it was a 4.6L.. and he did have money under the hood.. gave me props as well..
He got that number from real life. That's what competent drivers can do in 99-04 GT's w/ decent conditions.

FWIW...

My Friend
01 GT 5-speed
[email protected]
2.1 60' (Car is capable of 1.8's STOCK)
80* / Nasty Humidity
BONE STOCK

Mine
01 GT 5-speed
[email protected]
2.2x 60' (Just plain CRAPPY, I was just in the V6 w/ a much lighter clutch)
90* / Nasty Humidity
Exhaust

These seperate times were the first time EITHER of us had driven our cars at the track, and STILL, all we would have needed to do would be get a slightly better launch and we'd be in the 13's even in these HORRIBLE conditions.

A stock '01 Bullitt GT has gone [email protected]

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.