Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to race one!!!.. I was on my way home and he caught up to me . 1 race we were doing about 60 and I was in 3rd and so was he.. We hit it on 3 and we were side by side for not long he pulled a head from me and beat me by a car lengh and half at least.. 2 race we were doing about 40 I was in 2nd gear and so was he... We hit it and we were side by side all the way to about 120 until we shut it down.. It was fun to see what my SS has for balls and the SRT-4 are pretty quick I would say all over there power has to be in 3rd and the SS power is in 2nd gear for sure.. He both pulled over and shot the shit for awhile pretty cool guy...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
sounds good, was he all stock? are you?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I so want to run into one on the autobahns over here.
Find out what the top end REALLY is on a 4-lane highway that doesn't have any speed limits.

·
Registered
498 Posts
racer...I've read a few of your post. I smell a troll.

·
Registered
498 Posts
How many do you see? I live in a city of 2.5 million, and I've only seen 1 other SS

·
Banned
20 Posts
phxSS said:
How many do you see? I live in a city of 2.5 million, and I've only seen 1 other SS
I live in the same valley of the sun as you man.

I've seen 7 or 8. Funny how the all suddenly have to turn, or start playing with the radio when I pull up. I just want to see how well one will hang.

If it wasn't for what I drive now, I would probably own an SS. They're nice, but I prefer my car more.

(i'm sure you all can tell I drive an SRT-4)

and its been about 6 minutes since I registered, I'm sure I'll be banned soon.

Have fun kiddies.

·
Registered
498 Posts
funny how some srt guys love to brag how they will stomp cobalt's. It's kind of a "no shit sherlock, you have an aftermarket" response to those people.

BTW, where in town are you at?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have an aftermarket? What in the hell are you talking about. Stock for stock we will stomp your ass.

I was looking into getting a SS for my wife till i got in the car and drove the POS. I was let down after the cool bouncy ball commercials!

·
Banned
20 Posts
phxSS said:
funny how some srt guys love to brag how they will stomp cobalt's. It's kind of a "no shit sherlock, you have an aftermarket" response to those people.

Yeah, we do have a pretty decent aftermarket, even though i'm considered to be "lightly" modded compared to some of the guys here in town

I live in actual phoenix, none of that mesa/chandler/peoria stuff. I really like the SS, and I am totally cool with alot of different car owners, but I was banned for some idiotic reason, so now I'm being a dick online.

you should hit up speedworld some saturday night.

·
Registered
47 Posts
DC52NV said:
street racing is illegal. that is all.
I am a ****. clean the rice off it then tear it off completely

·
Banned
20 Posts
uncivilracer said:
Have an aftermarket? What in the hell are you talking about. Stock for stock we will stomp your ass.

I was looking into getting a SS for my wife till i got in the car and drove the POS. I was let down after the cool bouncy ball commercials!
damn civil, you ain't gotta be that mean. I drove one, and I'd be more than likely driving one if it wasn't for my SRT-4. That or a used Cobra, but thats a different league.

The car is in its infancy, give it a chance. We SRT-4 owners waited almost a year for stage 1.... woohoo 10 hp. 20 ft/lb torque.

Stage 3 just came out around x-mas time.

We'll see where the SS is in 3 years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
phxSS said:

yea uh the srt-4 runs a best of 13.6 stock and the cobalt the best ive seen is 15's.. wow what a competition.. im glad i got some mods for my srt so i wouldnt get stomped by expensive tq. monster cobalt :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
cobalierv2.0 said:
damn civil, you ain't gotta be that mean. I drove one, and I'd be more than likely driving one if it wasn't for my SRT-4. That or a used Cobra, but thats a different league.

The car is in its infancy, give it a chance. We SRT-4 owners waited almost a year for stage 1.... woohoo 10 hp. 20 ft/lb torque.

Stage 3 just came out around x-mas time.

We'll see where the SS is in 3 years.
It isnt mean. I mean like i stated before. Chevy even wrote a book on how to get the Cobalt SS to over 750 hp right now with parts avalible. We dont have such extras like this.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts