Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was racing some chevy silverado on the freeway for fun (winning over and over again ), when I see a WRX fly past me. He slowed down next to me. We were doing 70mph. Though he was debadged, i knew it was an STi cuz I could see the "STi" on one of his gages. Yes, they were all lit up red. I raced him cuz I wanted to prove to the dumbass that posted a video that he hung with one that he was wrong. So i downshifted to 3rd, and I saw the guy smile and shake his head. i think he shifted to 4th cuz he couldn't pass me at first, then i saw his hood go up and down a little from him shifitng, then all of a sudden he flies past me like an F-16 passing a 747. I'm guessing he was stock or mildly modded, cuz his exhaust was quiet, I couldn't hear it much. Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that you will not beat an STi, in any shape or form, as long as you are stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
phxSS said:
I was racing some chevy silverado on the freeway for fun (winning over and over again ), when I see a WRX fly past me. He slowed down next to me. We were doing 70mph. Though he was debadged, i knew it was an STi cuz I could see the "STi" on one of his gages. Yes, they were all lit up red. I raced him cuz I wanted to prove to the dumbass that posted a video that he hung with one that he was wrong. So i downshifted to 3rd, and I saw the guy smile and shake his head. i think he shifted to 4th cuz he couldn't pass me at first, then i saw his hood go up and down a little from him shifitng, then all of a sudden he flies past me like an F-16 passing a 747. I'm guessing he was stock or mildly modded, cuz his exhaust was quiet, I couldn't hear it much. Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that you will not beat an STi, in any shape or form, as long as you are stock.
finaly someone with their head out of their ass around here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
LeadPipe said:
finaly someone with their head out of their ass around here.
werd..and he didn't have 4 people in the car.....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
phxSS said:
Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that you will not beat an STi, in any shape or form, as long as you are stock.

yep the one i raced just made me feel bad to the point i pretended i wasn't racing... welcome to the club lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
To be honest that guy who posted that vid did a world of hurt to the SS owners and forums. You won't believe how many people are stereotyping the SS crowd, I am a member of about 10 forums and on 8 of them I have seen posts regarding that vid. I love all cars and always trying to learn more, I thought the SS had nothing until I saw a show on speed channel where they took a stock Cobalt and built it easily to handle 500-600 hp even though I think it ws at the moment only modded to 300. I was surprised that they had the head of the performance division there and he was showing the manual they made to mod it at different levels. With that said I was surprised at the potential this car had. Now to the post a Stock Sti will easily run away from most cars at higher speeds the awd and small turbo hurt us. But once modded you better watch out because that's when they will catch you offguard. As far as if he was modded probably you can't tell from exhaust alone, my car has no cats but stock catback and is quieter than stock.

·
Registered
107 Posts
v8killer2pt5 said:
Now to the post a Stock Sti will easily run away from most cars at higher speeds the awd and small turbo hurt us. But once modded you better watch out because that's when they will catch you offguard. As far as if he was modded probably you can't tell from exhaust alone, my car has no cats but stock catback and is quieter than stock.
isn't your gearing the biggest problem for highway pulls?
If I remember correctly, STi's hit 5th gear already by about 100mph.
I have ran quite a few Sti's, stock as well as modded.
from a dig, of course, I always have to play catch up, but from a roll,
it's a different story.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol didn't I just say i got walked on like a welcome mat on top end on the freeway, and now this guy is trying argue it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
phxSS said:

This thread goes out to our friend brifri, the man that said "THIS IS SO GOING ON THE INTERNET".

·
Registered
232 Posts
phxSS said:
All it takes to know you will loose to an STI.. is to drive one !!
I test drove one before getting my car.... :rolleyes: Makes the SS look like a freakin joke !

·
Registered
16 Posts
soupsredline said:
Yeah, speaking of head up their ass... can a modded SRT keep up with an automatic C6?? J/P hahahaha
haha you got me. I'm telling you though dude, that kid with the gli said he raced an auto one and only lost by about 2-3 carlengths. Plus the guy i would of raced is would of been so high haha.

I got my exhaust on...its sick. You should come down and hear. Its shooting flames now to.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I used to love racing STI's at the track on my BFG DR's when I had my stang. They had nice 60 fts....I was a little dissapointed in their top end though...must not have raced one that was very modded.

Edit: Nice death none the less!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never raced an SS before...but what I gather they can hang with tht SRT, i have seen numerous posts where they will hang on the bumper of the SRT...

I know in real life that on a ROLL the STI could not hang with my SRT...(me having intake and 3" dump at the time and the STI having an intake)..he was in my car club, was an 05.....now on a stop he would instantly get 2 cars on me, then i would have to play catch up...

Anyways...i think its just funny how people compare cars on diff. forums...dunno the purpose of my post but i felt i needed to share my opinion..

·
Registered
6 Posts
"BLUBYYOU" ....actually its more like 3rd gear reds at 80 mph, 4th about 100 give or take a mph or 2. Actually the short gearing makes for quick acceleration but of course that bites you at higher speeds. I with the power I am making have easily beat 350z's and M3's at high mph. But I do have a limit and find 120 mph is a good marker. The way I look at it is what percent of your driving is done at 100 mph or less and of course the opposite. So I really will never go to those crazy hp figures since it would make no sense for my type of driving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts