Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night these kids pulled up next to me in their Tiburon GT at a stop light. Looked at me like they never saw a Cobalt SS before. Anyway, they tell me theres a cop to the left, and stupid me looks only because the area we were in is very cop friendly. I look back and they laugh as they took off. They were a good car and a half in front of me before i gunned it, and chirpped going fonr 1st - 2nd. After that, I pretty much had a nice 3 car lead on them. I'd like to race those kids again.

Got about 8,500 miles on my SS right now so i'm pretty broken in...damn these things move....can't wait to do some work... :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
LDutchSS said:
Last night these kids pulled up next to me in their Tiburon GT at a stop light. Looked at me like they never saw a Cobalt SS before. Anyway, they tell me theres a cop to the left, and stupid me looks only because the area we were in is very cop friendly. I look back and they laugh as they took off. They were a good car and a half in front of me before i gunned it, and chirpped going fonr 1st - 2nd. After that, I pretty much had a nice 3 car lead on them. I'd like to race those kids again.

Got about 8,500 miles on my SS right now so i'm pretty broken in...damn these things move....can't wait to do some work... :)
That is a lot of miles when did you get your car??

·
Registered
297 Posts
Don't laugh, but that was one of the cars I was looking at(didn't look long, but I did look) when I was shopping around for a car.. Ok, so that was one of my embarrasing moments :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BizoCG said:
That is a lot of miles when did you get your car??
Got my SS on 3/30. It is alot of miles, but I havent had any problems yet ::knocks on wood:: Buying the car flat out anyway so it's not bothering me, it gets better and better the more I drive it.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Lonewholf said:
Don't laugh, but that was one of the cars I was looking at(didn't look long, but I did look) when I was shopping around for a car.. Ok, so that was one of my embarrasing moments :D
Yeah don't laugh my Girlfreind has a 05 Tiburon GT. She really loves that car.
:)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yeah low end v6's really dont stand much of a chance. I "raced" an 04 eclipse GT v6 and i ate him up. he was friendly though and we talked after.
I bet he has more respect for FI now.
but yeah, they should make some better 6's

·
Registered
385 Posts
psh 8500, let me know when you get to 13,000 I'll pbly have another 3 or 4 by then.

Anyway nice kill. I took out a v6 mustang today. I saw him behind me he passed me slowed down and let me catch up at around 40 and gunned it as I started to pull up. Ended up passing him back and pulling before we shut down due to traffic. He look slightly amazed :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yeah the best part is telling em its from a 2.0 fourbanger ^_^

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sean said:
Yeah the best part is telling em its from a 2.0 fourbanger ^_^
i did that to two guys in a 76ish corvette that i beat pretty badly, didnt even launch on them

their eyes popped out of their heads

it even more fun than when i beat STI's

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
cobalt ss 717 said:
yea i beat mustangs alot : ) beat a 06 gt intake n exhaust too..
you beat an '06 mustang gt? i think not. 0-60 on the new mustang gt's is less than five and a half seconds. our cars are around 6... and i'm being generous (the new stangs have seen 0-60 in 5.3 secs where as new ss cobalts are above 6 secs). but regardless, i highly doubt you beat an i/e 2006 mustang gt. highly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Antyoo said:
i did that to two guys in a 76ish corvette that i beat pretty badly, didnt even launch on them
I would hope you did not have to try real hard. The '76 vettes had 165 horse engines, crappy gearing, and took over 16 seconds to wheeze through the quarter-mile. The absolute worst performing Corvette ever (including the first year 6 cylinder cars)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts